Anyone running an official book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running an official book?

On the first engine to go BANG on the rolling road day?
    sigpic

I cant wait to see the faces (mine included) when all the money and effort we have all spent gives us a stonking 110 bhp at the wheels - lol lol lol

I suggest a pre-event owners guesstimate on BHP is made public on here and then of course we will all see the results on the day

Now thats what you call making a book !

As for a blow-up well thats gonna be a bonus - lol lol lol
    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

frosty's i reckon
      Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

lol , a professional rolling road won't do a full throttle power run on anything that's rattling , pinking , knocking , smoking etc . They will also check the fueling + timing and correct it before any power runs and check with the owner for their engines spec and RPM limit . Nothing will blow up as it will only get revved if it's safe . Mind you accidents can happen and rod bolts can fall out !!!!!!
        With regards to power figures , this is a Dyno-Dynamics rolling road so it's numbers will be accurate and therefore lower than most "coastdown" rollling road numbers .
        Expect figures on average to be 20bhp lower than usual and sometimes even more !!!!! I've got lots of Dyno-Dynamics charts for cars and they ALL made more power on oldskool "coastdown" dynos . I'll post some up on here of some of my cars too show you the difference .
        sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
        Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
        12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Here's my oldskool BMW E28 3.5 litre graphs . Same car with no changes , same dyno operator , same everything just different machines giving different numbers .

220bhp on a Dyno-Dynamics and 256bhp on a Sun "coastdown" machine . Only 36bhp difference then .

12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
              Here's my oldskool BMW E28 3.5 litre graphs . Same car with no changes , same dyno operator , same everything just different machines giving different numbers .

220bhp on a Dyno-Dynamics and 256bhp on a Sun "coastdown" machine . Only 36bhp difference then .

there's gonna be some amazing excuses that day, we need to video the faces of peeps when they get the results, suicide watch for andyc at brooke meadow

Comment

The Sun machine adds VAT ...

Comment

any decent camera men going.?

Would be good to see. unfortunatley can't make it myself.

See if Frosty's Millions pay off!!
                  sigpic

Comment

The thing is that accurate rolling road machines take a bit of getting used to and the fact that everyone else is on it at the same time can ease the pain a fair bit !!!! It's when you go on your own that the paranoia sets in and you feel like reaching for the razor blades , lol !!!!!
                    Also i've seen lots of good fast engines power levels recorded on D.D. machines and so far no N/A 8v engines have made more than 98bhp a litre and no N/A 16v engines have made more than 110bhp a litre on pump fuel under 9000rpm .
                    A real good and fast N/A 8v engine will make about 88bhp a litre and a real good and fast N/A 16v engine will make about 100bhp a litre normally on a D.D. machine . Hope that helps your guesstimates for the day .

Comment

Well on a Sun "coatsdown" including vat Rolling Road my 8v Pinto was showing 215 BHP - 100.70 BHP per litre @ (2135cc)
                      - who knows if that was at the wheels, at the flywheel or even at the steering wheel - lol

I want to try out a more modern Rolling Road so will wait in anticipation for my result
                      cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Sure it wasnt 215 7" ronals

cheeRS Gary...
                        sigpic

My Car in The vBGarage

Comment

There's no real fixed figure difference between a Dyno-Dynamics machine and a "coastdown" machine but i just normally knock off about 20bhp for pintos etc and so far it's been about right . If any 2.1 pintos make over 180bhp then it will be a very good result and the owners should be well pleased .
                          On my mates Dyno-Dynamics in the last few years the only 195+bhp pintos have so far been all 2.2+ litres and very expensive .

Comment

calling andyc if you want to go give me a bell and i will pick you up
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post

On my mates Dyno-Dynamics in the last few years the only 195+bhp pintos have so far been all 2.2+ litres and very expensive .
                              Well mine wasnt cheap - I charged myself a fortune
                              cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Working...
                              X