Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk 1 RS2000 Grp 4 rally car - help with valuation for insurance

Hi all,
    I am a somewhat infrequent visitor to this forum, but my recent pondering about the new worth of my car given my latest engine and transmission developments brought me here for some advice.

I have a ex-Tour of Britain RS2000 prepared originally my Haynes of Maidstone. It competed on the 1974 Tour. It is an AVO Type 49 shell.

Thats the history behind the vehicle.

I have had the car 4 years and during that time i have rebuilt it into Grp 4 spec and compete in the UK and Belguim in stage rally events.

It has the relevant HVIF paperwork for historic rallying (HRCR) together with current MSA logbook

Here is a picture of the car pretty much as it looks today.

Body
    Gartrac shell including:
    5 - link (short boxes)
    Turrets
    Diff tunnel
    Full Gearbox tunnel
    Bolt in Roll Cage (Safety Devices)
    Steel Mexico/RS wings
    Steel bonnet and boot lid
    Rear Bulk Head Kit

Chassis
    Ian Rix:
    Sump Guard
    World Cup X-Member
    Bias Pedal box
    Quaife Quick Rack
    Grp 4 Ally Hubs

Suspension
    Platform Adjustable Grp 4 front struts
    Bilstein rear dampers
    Multi-leaf rear leaf springs
    Slipper kit
    Double Width kit
    Anti-dive kit
    RS Anti Roll Bar
    GRP 4 Top Mounts
    Rose jointed 4 link bars and Panhard rod

Brakes
    AP Monte Carlo front Calipers and 28mm discs with Ferodo DS2500
    AP CP2577 rear caliper with built in mechanical handbrake mechanism

Axle
    Gartrac Fully Floating with ZF Motorsport Diff

Engine
    Connaught supplied Historic Spec Warrior/Holbay 2.0
    Titan MK2 Dry Sump
    Farndon Crank and Rods
    Accralite Pistons
    Tony Law 4-2-1 Full System

260bhp @7750 Rpm
    186lb/ft @4750 Rpm

Gear Box
    Brand new ZF complete synchro gearbox from Elite transmissions (yet to take delivery as their first batch is in production)
    Gartrac Complete ZF Bell Housing Kit inc Hyd Clutch System

Ancillaries
    Aeroquip fuel and oil lines
    Gartrac Dry Sump Tank
    Alloy Foam Filled Fuel Tank with Gartrac access panel and VDO fuel sender
    Hi-Torque starter
    Remote Oil Filter (Mocal)
    Oil Cooler (Mocal)
    Competition Clutch (Super Clutch)
    Twin Facet Fuel Pumps

Interior
    Usual stuff, but will mention
    Corbeau Pro-Series seats x 2
    6 point SRS Harnesses
    4 Litre Lifeline Plumbed in Extinguisher
    Peltor Intercom
    Raft of Gauges (TIM)
    Retro Trip
    Hyd Handbrake
    All original RS Door and Rear Quarter Cards, Headlining and Flocked Dash
    AliMax Motorsport Nav Foot Rest, Battery Box, Fuel Pump Stand, Centre Console
    Don Barrow Nav Lighting
    FIA Roll Cage Padding

Thats bascially it.

The engine and gear box are the latest editions and i will need to contact Richard Egger and advise of the new value, trouble is thats a difficult one.

I would like to get an agreed value from them, so can you guys help at all with placing a figure on what it would be worth if the worst happens?

Thanks,
    Richard

Presumably you mean Grp 2.

I would say around £35k, perahps a bit more.

Comment

I have actually got the Car categorised as both Rs2000 and Rs1600 on the paperwork.

So if you mean in terms of category for historic rallying, it is in fact cat 2.

The car uses grp4 parts.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

what about appendix j, regulation 4c category 2 for pre 75 cars with fuel injection unless using grp 4 spec rear set up without slipper springs but only without front twin coil overs?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by richy c View Post
          what about appendix j, regulation 4c category 2 for pre 75 cars with fuel injection unless using grp 4 spec rear set up without slipper springs but only without front twin coil overs?
          Indeed what about it?

Sorry Richy, that means nothing to me.

All I know is I have a car with historic paperwork, which means I can go and do historic rallys.

It says i am Cat 2.

I don't know what the implications of your post mean for me, would you be able to clarify please?

Comment

Originally posted by Weave View Post
            Indeed what about it?

Sorry Richy, that means nothing to me.

All I know is I have a car with historic paperwork, which means I can go and do historic rallys.

It says i am Cat 2.

I don't know what the implications of your post mean for me, would you be able to clarify please?
            richard, i wouldnt take any notice from richys reply, im sure its a wind up, unless proven otherwise

btw,car has a good spec, very nice
            MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

bit of history on the car a fantastic spec gotta be 50+ imo.
              sigpic

Comment

Blimey, I better get onto Richerd Egger soon then, she is only insured for 30k at present.

Any further bids lol?

Comment

id says 35-40k

Comment

I think i need to get the car finished and then request an assessor to come from Richard Egger and agree a value.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

If it's an original factory car from the Avon Tour of Britain and not just a log book , triggers broom etc etc then it's worth alot of money with a pinto and steel wheels back on it !!!!! Would be worth £25,000+ like that and then you could sell all the good bits or build something else with them .
                        P.S. You can't get 260bhp from 2 litres at 7750 rpm so i'd ring the engine builder and tell him he's dreaming , lol .
                        sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                        Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                        12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
                          If it's an original factory car from the Avon Tour of Britain and not just a log book , triggers broom etc etc then it's worth alot of money with a pinto and steel wheels back on it !!!!! Would be worth £25,000+ like that and then you could sell all the good bits or build something else with them .
                          P.S. You can't get 260bhp from 2 litres at 7750 rpm so i'd ring the engine builder and tell him he's dreaming , lol .
                          You would have a job putting the floor, tunnel, turrets etc back since Gartrac have knifed it.

I go rallying mate, not just dreaming and talking shite about street cars.

As for 260bhp from 2.0 litres, guess that means all the BDA's out there running 240-250bhp are all rubbish too.

I remember you from Turbosport.

Comment

Originally posted by Weave View Post

I go rallying mate, not just dreaming and talking shite about street cars.

As for 260bhp from 2.0 litres, guess that means all the BDA's out there running 240-250bhp are all rubbish too.
                            Yep affraid so , all bullshit power readings and rally drivers love quoting them , lol .
                            sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                            Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                            12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

If bullshit was music, you'd have a one man band.

You are dead to me - is there a block user facility on this site?

Comment

Working...
                              X