Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating system

Are there any plumbers on here?

My heating in the house gets really hot on some radiators and others are barely warm.

I have bleed them all about 5 times, could it be the pump

I have an inline Groundfos Selectric pump.

The Mid Valve is working ok.

Need to stop the missus moaning she is cold

have you got thermostatic radiator valves in each room??? cos if you wind them down over the spring and leave the heating off for 6 months, they can stick in the closed or almost closed position and stop the radiator warming up, if so take the plastic off the body and give it a tap with a hammer to see if the pin on the valve free's up, if you go the bleed and water comes straight out then air isnt your problem

Comment

Originally posted by ModenaRS2 View Post
      Need to stop the missus moaning she is cold
      undo the chain and attatch her to one of the hot rads

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

feckin mint tim, pmsl lots

Comment

pmsl quality tim
          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
            have you got thermostatic radiator valves in each room??? cos if you wind them down over the spring and leave the heating off for 6 months, they can stick in the closed or almost closed position and stop the radiator warming up, if so take the plastic off the body and give it a tap with a hammer to see if the pin on the valve free's up, if you go the bleed and water comes straight out then air isnt your problem
            Some are thermostats and some are not. The ones that are the coldest are the non thermostat ones and they used to get a little bit hotter than they are tonight.

Some rads are red hot, but these seem to be the closest ones to the pump or am I imagining it

Comment

could be a number of things.

As Lee said could be stuck thermostatic valves.

What speed is the pump on? try putting it on 3 (little plastic lever on side of pump).

System might need balancing (as water takes to easiest route) try closing down the lock shield valves (not thermostatic) down abit on the hottest rads and see if the cooler one's get any hotter.

Also are they any better when the hot water is off and just heating on by it's self, is there a bypass in the system? it might need shutting down abit.

If all fails then it could be pump but normally the boiler over heats if the pump is ****ed.

Or the system could be sludged up and needs flushing out.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by marky4 View Post
                could be a number of things.

As Lee said could be stuck thermostatic valves.

What speed is the pump on? try putting it on 3 (little plastic lever on side of pump).

System might need balancing (as water takes to easiest route) try closing down the lock shield valves (not thermostatic) down abit on the hottest rads and see if the cooler one's get any hotter.

Also are they any better when the hot water is off and just heating on by it's self, is there a bypass in the system? it might need shutting down abit.

If all fails then it could be pump but normally the boiler over heats if the pump is ****ed.

Or the system could be sludged up and needs flushing out.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for the reply.

The pump is on 3.

I will close the lockdowns a bit on the hot ones.

The water does not get very hot either so I have the timers set so only the heating or the water is on at any time, never together.

The water after two hours is just hot enough to do the washing up i have to put the electrice emersion on for an hour or so to get enough water for a bath.

In the boiler there is a heat knob. When I turn it up to a higher setting the boiler does lock out but not for a few hours or even a couple of days.

Comment

what was wrong with my advice darren?

Comment

could also be a problem with the gas burner pressure as if the pressure is on low then the boiler will take forever to get up to temp but marky has covered the rest , by shutting off other rads the cold ones should get hot .
                    it realy depends on the condition of the system age of heating open vented ? sealed ? twin entry valves ? microbore pipework ect .

Comment

what was wrong with my advice darren?

CLAIRE says:

Comment

Originally posted by 0630154 View Post
                        could also be a problem with the gas burner pressure as if the pressure is on low then the boiler will take forever to get up to temp but marky has covered the rest , by shutting off other rads the cold ones should get hot .
                        it realy depends on the condition of the system age of heating open vented ? sealed ? twin entry valves ? microbore pipework ect .
                        Shut some down and will see.

If not I will get someone a professional in.

Thanks for all your help it is appreciatted.

Cheers

Comment

is the system old?? sounds like it could be scaled or sludged up

Comment

Originally posted by ModenaRS2 View Post
                            CLAIRE says:

Hi Claire

Comment

Hi Claire
                              your a smoothy tim, girls had better watch out when you grow up

Comment

Working...
                              X