X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to hear this arron, hope you get sorted soon fella

Comment

Originally posted by daytona_2000 View Post
      ...........i got a mate who only paid £50k for his house 7 years ago should be worth £250k now.............

... and THAT thinking/speculation is EXACTLY what started the collapse!

Comment

No work, no job countries a pile of cack if you have a job your lucky at the moment. Job agencies are paying just over minimum wage. They are taking the Michael. Was paying £350 a week tax a month ago now nowt.
        Well done Govt. your out next election. Still got RS though.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmer View Post
          Still got RS though.
          Thats about all i got as well...ive still got my mk1 van as well but that may go soon....my missus wont let me sell the mex no matter how bad things get..her words were its the only hobby ya got & i dont wann take that away from you.......my dad has also said that i dnt think i should sell it as i waited long enough for a good car....hopefully ill get to keep both
          even though i was told yesterday the office is finished as such im still here today and finish next week i think .....i just hope i get the redundancy now

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Arron.
            Lets hope it dosn't last too long.
            We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

not good news Aaron, hope you get something to tide you over till the thing picks up again.
              Worst thing is we are now seeing big companies using the downturn as an excuse to shut shop and lay off staff. and they will get away with it. if they did it a few years ago they would'nt be let.
              Its just happened where I used to work at the airport for 21 years, the now owners SR Technics close up , 1100 out of work. not nice.
              place was doomed for years with threats of layoffs etc. now they close completely.

Robert
              sigpic

Comment

sori to hear that Aaron, just the other day alocal steel works that has been a very strong company laid of over half its staff,and every week goes by its the same news of companys going to the wall, things is bad, and by the sounds of it its to get worse
                *Edited*

Comment

Over the years I have seen the country go down in my estimate. In the 60's the government took us into the common market and after that we joined up in to Europe, and what's happened over the years?.........We have given up everything we have got! We've lost our industry, and we hardly produce anything anymore, it's all made abroad!

We built the best of everything at one time, produced the best steel, the best cars, best aircraft, best ships, trains and it goes on, everything to make you proud to be British. Lots were jobs for life and were proper jobs paying good money for a decent days work that would keep families nicely under a roof of their own. Foreign companies now own our remaining car factories. We've lost our skills and just become a service industry.

When something goes wrong abroad, it immediately affects here. For the chosen few there are selfish people earning ridiculous salaries of more money than they could ever spend. Companies unable to invest back into their companies for fear of upsetting the share holders. The situations so crazy that we even reward employers here for failure.

We have also become a Nanny State due to all of us accepting the views of extremists who moan about everything under the Sun...........Global Warming, Cars, Waste disposal, Over the top Health and Safety, Claimants unlawfully working the system etc, we all have to pay for it, and it's breaking us. Some of these things do need sorting but the response now is to go over the top straight into a hole on the other side, and as a country that's where we are!

Comment

Forgot to mention, Good Luck Aaron I do hope things take a turn around for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X