just got let go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got let go

the big ****ing R is hitting us pretty bad here...the boss told me at lunch time the office is to close........no work coming in at all....just ave to tell the missus now...but chin up in some ways im still in good health at present so I shouldnt complain .....worked for the office for 8 years but the bosses said when it picks up again we will be back....I just hope they are right.....

not good A

hope its sorts out

Comment

Got too cut staff as well. Not got for the employee or to be honest the employer if they are human

Hope it picks up for you soon Aaron.
      Last edited by ModenaRS2; 12-02-2009, 19:25. Reason: Spelling

Comment

motor trade is struggling, i have 4 techs in my workshop, 3 of them have been painting all day as **** all work. unpaid leave next week for some of them, really shite at the mo never known owt like it for the first time ever i'm worried what will happen in the futrue.
        Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

i did a repair today.... £30

Whoo Party time

i'm doing door to door for gutter clearing
          AKA The Dipstick

Comment

sorry to hear that hope things improve soon mate

Comment

Bad news Hope things take a turn for the better soon.

I decided to get out of the motor trade, shite money, less and less "actual work" required on the cars themselves. There probly won't be many sectors that don't feel the "bite" (except the upper echelons of the banks!)

Comment

this country has gone to shite...the banks are not even touching the big boys that owe them millions but yet they will take your house if your the average joe soap...im not at that stage yet...i signed on but the waitig list is over 12 weeks

Comment

hope everything works out okay aaron,i have been quite too .just need to keep plodding on.all the workshops in my area are doing nothing and laying guys off.the place is in a mess.

Comment

the whole country is knackered , and i think its going to get a hell of a lot worse before we see any signs of recovery.

they kept the interest rates to low for to long and people where remortgaging and having a great time the government where laughing there heads off as they had more tax money than they new what to do with , but obviously they spent it all as they are now borrowing billions , they obviously neve heard of rainy days , but whats new there.

the pound has gone tits up against every currency across the board.

i got a mate who only paid £50k for his house 7 years ago should be worth £250k now but he borrowed bought himself a new 4by4 truck caravan etc etc , he has now lost his job owes £200k on his house and is not far off being repocessed, not good .

i feel for every in these hard times as who knows where my name is in the list.

Comment

went on line looking for a job, even driving a van would do but there is nothing...will have to sign up with FAS and see wat comes of it....

if america pull out of there "R" we should follow but as europe is like one nation we should be moving out of it soon....

do ya think you guys will join the EURO currency????

Comment

they can stick the euro up there behinds we already got caught once with decimalisation , dont want a get caught again.

i dont reckon the euro will be around that much longer as to many different countries with differing problems with there production and exports and imports, even the germans which where the ones that realy pushed for it are in serious trouble shame

Comment

Originally posted by daytona_2000 View Post
                          they can stick the euro up there behinds we already got caught once with decimalisation , dont want a get caught again.

i dont reckon the euro will be around that much longer as to many different countries with differing problems with there production and exports and imports, even the germans which where the ones that realy pushed for it are in serious trouble shame
                          There you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. The Euro is going from strength to strength and many countries buy it for their reserve, ending the dominancy of the dollar. As far as devaluation is concerned, how much further can the GBP drop? There is no way that the UK will enter now anyway, as soon as it got out that the govt wanted to cut its losses the Pound would be almost worthless overnight.

It will happen though, its days are numbered if you ask me, I won't be happy to see it go, but as they say "united we stand" and the more countries that are included in the Euro the stronger it will be.

All this we stand between Europe and the USA cobblers, look what the Americans did, let a bank go down the tubes that had loads of "mainly" European/British money invested in it, thanks for the solidarity Mr Bush.

Comment

Not good Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron P. View Post

do ya think you guys will join the EURO currency????
                              If UK had joined the Euro (too late now - not for the time being anyway) it would not be faced with the dramatic devaluation of the £ that it is now suffereing, the knock-on effect being that anything the UK imports (just about everything these days) is going up in price. Tw*ts Brown/Darling and the Bank of England wouldn't have be able to ***** around with the interest rates with a Euro currency - determined by the Eurocrats in Brussels. The Euro zone countries are all having their problems, but the currency is far stronger the the £ or $

Comment

Working...
                              X