No announcement yet.

fao all building trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work for the biggest precast flooring company in the uk (Bison) and things are very tight at the moment loads of people losing jobs, no work from the big builders , 2-3 day weeks, got a big job on in york at the moment though so thats saved a few jobs for the time being , hopefully things will pick up soon though
    sigpic

Comment

similar story over here......

There must be some link between the building trade and RS's, there seems to be a lot of us out there!!!

sounds like the same story as here, Builders who were doing housing and apartment schemes are finding it tight if not gone , but smaller outfits like me seem to be doing ok. Fingers crossed I'm still busy with renovations, extensions, kitchens, bathrooms and the like. not going to turn down anything this year though even if profit is small....

Robert
      sigpic

Comment

i work for a local haulage company doing skip,tipper and baulk carrier traucks and we have layed 48 people off in the last 7months and have almost 20 trucks stood up de-taxed.2 more people from the office got the layed off last week as well so not good but atleast the vehicles that are left on the road are now very busy.fingers crossed.eddie you may have used us as well at somepoint m8
        sigpic

Comment

we have been struggling to buy wood shavings for months now doubled in price to bed the horses down on they blame the shortage on the building industry slowing down as the wood mills are not cutting wood so it does have a knock on effect

Comment

i do building on my four days off and we have a few small exstentions on but nowt to big but enough work to last nower days i think you had to be jack of all trades and master of none
            Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

over here in ireland things are really bad....the gov increased intrest rates here making it harder for people to buy, so with the fall over there & up north peeps are buying nearly everything up north now....alot of places have shut down and over 200,000 on the dole.....im in the building trade here in an architects office and things are very very slow.....

Comment

15 trowels been given notice, this week and that's it, only 10 left to finish job, maybe 3-4weeks and nothing. Our firm has nothing planned, keep getting boys phone me looking for work, everyone is out/nearly out of work I know, and there seems to be nothing starting up

Comment

was told today my firm got nothing in the order books for the wet trades ,plenty for the joiners ,hopefully pull through been through these times before some how or other I know one thing I'll sell the wife before the Mex (and she knows it ) starting with 99p no reserve

Comment

pwp ere in wales wages droping fast and i was getting phone calls from brickies who were'nt the best all looking for work, however before xmas i was getting lots of calls from really good gangs of brikies all out of work or would be come the new year not good at all

Comment

when you think about it its allways the building trade that cops it the worst and nobody gives a hoot,big outcry about woolies and allthe other big concerns and they were wanting some sort of help given to those poor bankers who lost there jobs ,nobody stops to think about us guys ,If i get paid of the'ill want to retrain me as a joiner (heaven forbid)

Comment

job

im a brickie had a fantastic time over the last few years im now catching up with jobs i had put off doing an extention for my dad that will kepp me going for 4 / 5 weeks as im doing the lot bits and pieces a day here and there but after that ?
                        hope it picks up good luck to u other guys

Comment

Working...
                        X