Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stu37025 View Post

Does baffle me why all this RSOC politics ends up on here
    I think mainly due to a lot of long term Ex-RSOC members frequent this and BB and who knows some may just one day re-join The RSOC.

I had a call from Lord Lucan this afternoon and he is aware now that I and Steve Ogle have taken on the split role of Mexico and RS2 registrar working closely with Dave Robinson RS18 reg !

So all is now well (till the next dodgy thread - lol)

On this BB whilst I allow some heavy debating at times I will not allow any thread/debate to turn into what I feel is a personal attack on an individual or group of people.

Sometimes on the RSOC BB (at times) a "sensible" debate will often be locked/deleted/moved causing more frustration and further "complaining" threads/comments to start.

I have made it clear to Lord Lucan the reasons for my reply on The RSOC BB to his thread and that I will not be hiding in the bushes (no Silverback references Spence !) in my short term as RS2 Reggie.

If I feel The Old Skool is being neglected or I am being "discussed" in such a way on a thread - to which Lord Lucan said it was NOT aimed at me - I will reply how I feel fit.

Both myself and Steve Ogle are only standing in till the Nov 09 AGM and ALL registrar roles are up for selection and who knows some people may still want me as Reggie after that time we shall see
    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Dave you have always been straight and as such I feel I can be with you and that is the least I can do to show you the same respect you show me. After our chat which proved very fruitful I can say that I feel that you are in the right place at the right time and as such I will support you in any way I can.

I was not aware that you had took the role on tbh and I could not get my head why the roles were split but after your explanation I can totally understand where you are coming from and the reasoning behind.

The thread you posted on is not and never was directed at any individual things can be interpreted a number of ways when reading posts, and i cen see why you looked at it the way you did. The point I was trying to highlight was why were some people choosing not to register their cars generally be it a mk1 twink through to the RS Focus no matter what RS it is. As I felt that no matter which registrar there are always new cars out there that no one has seen.

Once again I make this very clear this was an attack at anyone individual or person but more so at the process.

When you join the club you are asked what vehicle you own and details are gathered but these details are not passed onto the appropriate registrar for the car concerned surely there must be a way of when a person joins the club and lets say owns a mk2 2000 that this infor should be passed onto the registrar as a matter of course this would then give a real picture of how many cars for each marque are in the club plus give the opportunity for the registrars maybe to send out a letter via the club office to the person concerned introducing you to the new member with an explanation of the role you do.

Once again Dave thanks for the chat my thread was not directed at you in anyway shape or form.

Now perhaps we need to get the registered sticker design changed eh?? LOL!
      Lord Lucan

Rather push a Ford than Drive a Vauxhall

RSOC Member: 25467

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Lucan View Post
        When you join the club you are asked what vehicle you own and details are gathered but these details are not passed onto the appropriate registrar for the car concerned surely there must be a way of when a person joins the club and lets say owns a mk2 2000 that this infor should be passed onto the registrar as a matter of course this would then give a real picture of how many cars for each marque are in the club plus give the opportunity for the registrars maybe to send out a letter via the club office to the person concerned introducing you to the new member with an explanation of the role you do.
        agree simon, but ive been told its something to do with data protection and personal info cannot be sent out to the registrars
        ive been wanting the info of owners/cars to be forwarded to me for years,
        MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

do you have to give the info of your cars when you join or is it totally up to the member???
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
            agree simon, but ive been told its something to do with data protection and personal info cannot be sent out to the registrars
            ive been wanting the info of owners/cars to be forwarded to me for years,
            but you are an elected club official???

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
              indeed i am, but thats the way its been
              MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
                My understanding is the data you are utilising as information internally within the company as you act on the RSOC 1990 Ltd behalf you can and should be able to access the data as Topaz has said

This is the bit I am not sure about, is as to whether you can utilise a contact phone number that is supplied to contact the individual, I am sure you can get round this by asking the person when they join "would you mind if you are contacted by the registrar for your vehicle so he/she can add you to the registrars database" simple yes or no question really if the answer is no then explain to them how they contact the registrar.

Louie

When you phone the club office to Join the club they ask questions like the following:
                • Name
                • Address
                • Vehicle owned
                • Registration number
                • VIN Number
                so they get a large amount of detail at the first point of contact but that info is not passed onto any of the registrars at all it is just for the office records.
                Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

2 or 3 years ago i was contacted by the then mk2 registar ( john hughes) by mail, to see if i would bring my car to national day. my car was definately not registered with the registrar at that point , only on my club renewal form when i renewed each year, it stated i owned a mk2 mexico.
                  my details must of been passed onto the registrar from the office.
                  😯

Comment

i was never asked any off those questions????
                    sigpic

Comment

Just been reading all this thread, and now my head hurts.....

Comment

Originally posted by LOUIE View Post
                        i was never asked any off those questions????
                        Thats strange I am asked everytime I renew so they can update their records

Originally posted by Pit69 View Post
                        Just been reading all this thread, and now my head hurts.....

Got some anadin if that helps I can PM a couple to you
                        Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

its not a compulsory part of joining anyway
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X