No announcement yet.

im afraid to touch it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gaz, u always seem to have something to say....but NO....

its a very good original mexico, any of the northern ireland lads can verify this, im just been fussy with the paint work...try and find a nice example of a mexico for less then £10k

Comment

Originally posted by RSMeister View Post
      i'm afraid to touch it......

that's what frosty's mrs says to him about his manky nob
      spence said the same................................

cheeRS
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron P. View Post
        gaz, u always seem to have something to say....
        That's what a forum is for isn't it ?
        People ask questions and other poeple then give answers or suggestions .
        Start stripping yours down and it will cost £5000+ and take 12 months and that's without all the rust you'll uncover . If your really fussy then it will take even longer by the time you source all the little bits and bobs that go back on after the resprays done .
        sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
        Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
        12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RSMeister View Post
          i'm afraid to touch it......

that's what frosty's mrs says to him about his manky nob
          Ginger ****.
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

I'm working on doing the bits that need it as and when. In a couple of years the car will be a bitza but I drive it every week come rain, snow or shine so it will suffer. It goes into a steelworks every couple of weeks and one day of rain in there and it looks like it has just finished a special stage. Some of the sh*t has to be scraped off.

When the time comes it will get a spray again and a couple of panels and so on.

I need it as a second car and if I had a concourse car it would not move out of the garage as I would be too scared of something getting dirty or wet or whatever so it would be a complete waste of money.

As it is I (the car) gets smiled at, applauded, photographs taken, thumbs up every time I go out in it so that is the fun.

Ash

Comment

i bought my 16 sport of macjam about 3yrs ago and im just at the stage now where i can finally start spending money on her for some nice shiny new panels.............reckon im lookin at the best part of £4k for panels then i need to get her welded and painted before putting back together.

So i would say to you it takes time m8 enjoy the summer with the mex then seriously think about taking her off the road for a full resto before you get to the extreme of spending serious cash on her.

Comment

i did the underside of the wifes car over the winter, top tip don't bite off more than you can chew and make sure you are enjoying yourself, going to do the top of the car this winter, they are never finished, so do a little at a time, not the whole thing at once,

make sure it does not take aver your life, just your bank account, its your car do what you want,

Comment

coome on Aron go for it

Comment

just sell it aron, you know you prefer the mk1

Comment

Originally posted by vinny View Post
                      just sell it aron, you know you prefer the mk1
                      yeah to me cash waiting for you

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post
                        spence said the same................................

cheeRS
                        Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

blue stripe it, just do what you feel is right and to your budget, enjoy the car then

nuts and bolts all plated is cheap to do, so is bulk blasting and coating tbh
                          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

go on aaron get tore into it u never no wot u mite find
                            *Edited*

Comment

this is an intersting read for me as im pritty much in the same boat as Aaron with my car...........
                              cheeRS

Comment

ive yet to decide on what im doing, the painter will take the car anytime i want and the paint is there, its the new waterbased paint in diamond white....

its a very touch decision to make and i know a few people that have seen the car in recent years would say it doesnt need work but i feel it could do with the respray for defo....

so what are you going to do dave? you already did the mk1 mexico so at least you know what your doing & how much work is involved ....

my car was fully restored in 95/96 but its showing its age now...but its still in very good condition

Comment

Working...
                                X