RS on the rollers today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pinto

I would say the power is about right,on that "modern" rolling road.

There are not many "road spec" pintos making much more than that.

Unless your spending big money.

Sure it drives well.

45s and 2 1/4 the way to go,id say.

Comment

Originally posted by marky4 View Post
      forget max bhp keiran needs to be set up for drivabilty and have a good torque curve
      Yep, agreed. With the price of petrol, why bother?.....get the 45's, then just bimble about and watch heads turn at the roar from behind

Unless you are in competition, can't see the point really

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

If you swap them for 45's its going to cost you a fortune in fuel next time you go to Le Man
        sigpic
        Missing the snow!!!!

Comment

After letting the dust settle, I'm going to stay with the bike carbs as they are good on mpg and fit larger main jets to help with a richer fuel mixture higher up the rev range.
          Will also get it retimed for lower down pull as its a road car and I'm not to bothered about high rpm bhp, as long as it drives nice and has some get up and go I'm happy.

Thanks for all the help and pointers today, big man love goes out to all.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Originally posted by hotrs2000 View Post
            They set it up as per the engine builders spec with the timing for max bhp, my cam power range (Kent FR33) is 3000- 7500rpm and now the engine picks up at 2500rpm below that it seems flat.
            After speaking with Bogg Brothers I need to get larger main jets, as its mainly used on the road I'm going back to the tuners to have it set for road use with good all round performance and not set for max bhp.

Never been for a setup and not had a setup - surely the engine is setup as it behaves on the rollers not as per the say of the person that built it.

Seems very odd to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrs2000 View Post
              After letting the dust settle, I'm going to stay with the bike carbs as they are good on mpg and fit larger main jets to help with a richer fuel mixture higher up the rev range.
              Will also get it retimed for lower down pull as its a road car and I'm not to bothered about high rpm bhp, as long as it drives nice and has some get up and go I'm happy.

Thanks for all the help and pointers today, big man love goes out to all.
              if you want to save money on your jets buy some watch makers drills and drill them yourself thats what my tuner did

Comment

Working...
              X