fao all builders and trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eddie

everything is on its arse eddie ! i work in direct sales AKA double glazing !! i used to sell 90 grand a month and that was average and earn over a grand a week now its bollocksed ! im selling nothing . People just want a quote and will not commit because they are unsure of the future ? interest rates etc , the main problem behind it all is the media pal ! talkin us all into a resession .

Comment

Originally posted by johnylock View Post
      the main problem behind it all is the media pal ! talkin us all into a resession .
      That is something I totally agree with

Comment

tell me about it anybody need any bricks ect it's real slow this year

Comment

Originally posted by johnylock View Post
          everything is on its arse eddie ! i work in direct sales AKA double glazing !! i used to sell 90 grand a month and that was average and earn over a grand a week now its bollocksed ! im selling nothing . People just want a quote and will not commit because they are unsure of the future ? interest rates etc , the main problem behind it all is the media pal ! talkin us all into a resession .
          i quoted a window job last week,14 windows,front door,rear door,2 x french doors and 70mtr of facia and soffit £6800.00 and i aint heard back!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JAVAGREENGUF View Post
            im going to be getting in touch with a few builders in the near future, we,r getting another garage built for one of my car,s. we were going to move but what with the Sh*t that,s going on, i think we,ll be staying?!! Anyone give me a quote??
            i got you a quote

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by oggie snr View Post
              tell me about it anybody need any bricks ect it's real slow this year
              Wish you lived nearer Steve, I could have done with you a few weeks back, had 13 packs of Celcons needed to "disappear" from site before Robert Price came to pick them back up

Comment

Originally posted by RStu View Post
                GAZ have you been down S Wales installing the concrete floors?
                We had some lads down on a site I was doing in Caerphilly, I'm sure they were from up your way somewhere

Ive been working in cardiff for the last 2 days and there tomorrow

Company i work for have loads of gangs working all over the country every day, so well could have been one of our gangs
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W View Post
                  Ive been working in cardiff for the last 2 days and there tomorrow

Company i work for have loads of gangs working all over the country every day, so well could have been one of our gangs
                  What job in Cardiff GAZ? The one in Caerphilly was Charles Church last summer, the floors came over from Ireland on Irish lorries for that job, the boys laying them didn't mess about either, very quick, (must be the good blockwork they are putting them on lol)

Comment

The engineering trades are well short of skilled staff theses days. The job I left at the Powerstation are now short 3 Control and Instrument Craftsmen and I was the only person who applied at the oil refinery where I now work.
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by RStu View Post
                      What job in Cardiff GAZ? The one in Caerphilly was Charles Church last summer, the floors came over from Ireland on Irish lorries for that job, the boys laying them didn't mess about either, very quick, (must be the good blockwork they are putting them on lol)

We are working on a small site on sanquhar street , contractor is a company called mi-space
                      sigpic

Comment

i've got work till end of may

been pricing loads of work but not hearing back from many at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by marky4 View Post
                          i've got work till end of may

been pricing loads of work but not hearing back from many at the moment
                          you wont be hearing back from me too if that price aint right!!!!lol!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

house prices combined with the economic slowdown worldwide will be slowing everything down, can't say I'm so desperately surprised

Comment

Originally posted by fast eddie View Post
                              you wont be hearing back from me too if that price aint right!!!!lol!!!
                              the price will be right

Comment

i have my own carpentry and joinery buisness and finding it hard to compete with all the eastern european labour coming into the country.
                                they will work 12hrs a day 7 days a week for less money.how can we compete without working for less???
                                has anyone else noticed this?

Comment

Working...
                                X