No announcement yet.

fao all builders and trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a builder mate of mine has just taken over an extension half built by polish and it's as rough as **** they didn't have the building inspector round once he asked the customer why they chose them and they said because they were the cheapest now they will have to pay twice as much to put it right

Comment

cheapest is not always the best eh!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fast eddie View Post
        i quoted a window job last week,14 windows,front door,rear door,2 x french doors and 70mtr of facia and soffit £6800.00 and i aint heard back!!!!!
        ****in hell i thought windows were cheap up here. you were giving them away. i would charge around 3k just for the fascias.

Comment

Originally posted by bevom3 View Post
          i have my own carpentry and joinery buisness and finding it hard to compete with all the eastern european labour coming into the country.
          they will work 12hrs a day 7 days a week for less money.how can we compete without working for less???
          has anyone else noticed this?
          seen plenty of their ****ups. cheap until it all falls to pieces.i'm flat out mostly painting and decorating,but i'm a chippy by trade. working day and night tomorrow to keep up
          what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

Working...
          X