Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by richard wilson View Post
    any more news graham on when the rest is coming mate

no news here richard, any news your end Leon??????

Comment

• Afraid not; have asked them 3 times in the last week when the rest of the camcovers will be ready but no reply. Will call them tomorrow ... again ...

Comment

• cant we get Andy c to go visit them.................

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by graham John View Post
          cant we get Andy c to go visit them.................

cheeRS
          yeah get the tag team over.................
          sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

• Originally posted by paul spence View Post
            yeah get the tag team over.................

Only if i get one 1st
            Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

• Comment

• Some Belgian guy (who on another forum said he just bought 2) has one for sale on the bay:

If the Germans have been supplying others before us, I will get annoyed ...

Comment

• Yeah that would suck, but maybe he just ordered his before us, I sure hope so, or else

Comment

• This weeks update:
                    told the Germans that this Belgian guy (hallo Thomas ...) bought 2 camcovers and now was selling one on the bay. Mr. Schulze confirmed that the Belgian bought 2 covers from him (he received several single orders parallel to ours, maybe just before as it took some time to get the orders and money in).
                    And like with the German who sold some on ebay lately he wasn't pleased at all with this and he already let the Belgian guy know what he thought about his actions and also that he will not deal with him again.

Mr. Schulze also said that they had to get some others orders in as well to cover the cost of making the covers as the price we are buying them from is really one that leaves him with almost no profit. If I look at my camcover I wonder how they can make a profit full stop!! It's a part that needs alot of precise machining.
                    The company (HSI) tried some other engineering firms to make some more covers more quickly but these parts were in his words "scrap".

The next batch of 24 camcovers will be ready in 4-6 weeks according to Herr Schulze. I guess taffr will receive an email when he has to pay for those. (or has Debbs already spent the money? ).

So if you already have a camcover (the lucky few) or receive one in the near future, do not put it on ebay as Mr. Schulze will not supply the rest with camcovers!

Grtz, Leon.

Comment

• just in time for ..........................

cheeRS
                      sigpic

Comment

• do not put it on ebay as Mr. Schulze will not supply the rest with camcovers!

how can he say that ???????

and besides, he was the one who gave the price to us surely ???????

anyway, keep up the good work

Comment

• Our supplier is selling them for 250 now BTW

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            that every 1 wanted

they look nice Tim, however as is so often the case here, neither the question nor any of the replies are sound without a great deal more information on why the cover is required, what the real priorities in its use are and what its full specification is, especially with concours and non concours. In other words: my standard response (which I really need to code as something like "Type B response" to save time).
                            In the case of far too many parts discussed at length on here, one reply should often be: "If you have to ask if you need one; you don't really need one". you already have a cam cover from Ford as standard.
                            How many track days a year will you be concoursing at? Are these the sort of track days that allow you to Concours at ? or are they the ones that wave you off the moment you are seen to get the car off the trailer? What percentage is such use compared to other use? Do they leak Oil ? what is the secret of the Custom to prevent this ?What exact type of other use? Any plans for competition use in concours would surely deem it a non standard part and thus lose marks or later?

hope this helps

cheeRS

PS Taffr, can i have mine first, please, pretty please..............
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by grum View Post
                              do not put it on ebay as Mr. Schulze will not supply the rest with camcovers!

how can he say that ???????

and besides, he was the one who gave the price to us surely ???????

anyway, keep up the good work
                              He didn't say that, I did.
                              Mr. Schulze is more then willing to supply the camcovers to us as he thinks we are Ford-enthousiasts. If however he gets the feeling we are buying them cheap to sell them for a profit then he probably will think again ... like I said that's my opinion of him.

Jamie, their website is updated but where is the new price?

GJ, yeah Xmas, 2009 ....

Comment

• [quote=Miniliteman;282613]He didn't say that, I did.
                                Mr. Schulze is more then willing to supply the camcovers to us as he thinks we are Ford-enthousiasts. If however he gets the feeling we are buying them cheap to sell them for a profit then he probably will think again ... like I said that's my opinion of him.

quote]

oh, sorry, must have read it wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X