here i go again !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here i go again !!

Ive always tried to pitch down the middle with John Hughes, at the end of the day, it was his recommendation to Moorlands and i thank him for that. I rang John Hughes lastnight to discuss how Worthers could achieve some more points at Nat Day before she goes to Moorlands. Eventually we got to the point of originality. The comparisions were duly made with Worthers and the current benchmark car. The bit i cant stomach is John continues to "beat" my car with the "originality stick". All i have ever asked for is to be judged equally. You must surely adopt the same rules to all cars. A transparent set of guidlines. No ??. So with the current benchmark car having gone through several colour changes does this not smack of, at the least, favourtism !!??. It certainly doesn,t seem "transparent". On top of this, i was reliabley informed of a couple of Johnes quotes "he,s ****ed that up then" and "it,ll never win concours", how would you feel ?? and he personally told me only last week after admitting he,s only seen pictures in CF magazine, "your dash is too shiny" and "you must only have one gaitor on your gearstick because the gap between the gaitor and the gearknob is too big !!!!????. Again, how would you feel. After speaking to John last night in supposed confidence within minutes of coming of the phone, Ricky Ross posts on the RSOC board. What am i supposed to think about that ?????. Please be honest, is it me ????, should i shut up and go away ?? or should i stick to what i believe ?? and assist in getting him gone ??. I,m also aware of one more thing. Only last week Ricky was on the phone to someone asking "is John Hughes going to be judging at Nat Day" ????. I cant accept, One rule for one and one for another. Please reply to this thread with honesty, i can take it.

In standard class the judge is looking for a car HOW IT LEFT THE FACTORY.

Your car is NOT how it left the factory so will loose points in a RSOC standard competition.

Make it look HOW IT LEFT THE FACTORY to win.

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
      In standard class the judge is looking for a car HOW IT LEFT THE FACTORY.

Your car is NOT how it left the factory so will loose points in a RSOC standard competition.

Make it look HOW IT LEFT THE FACTORY to win.
      thanks for the comments Neil

Comment

Sorry to Ricky Ross but if his car has had a colour change what it doing in standard class, its not now that car left the factory.

""originality" he loves that word.

I would make a compaint to Gizmo directly if those comments were made in confidence.

Ian you car is far from Standard, even X parts are classed as modifications from factory or thats the general feeling.
        Last edited by Guest; 19-07-2007, 13:27.

Comment

I have post that comment on the RSOC BBS.

Comment

thanks Kel for your comments

Comment

how can u do a modified car original dont think ford did one they

Comment

being original and looking original

they are both point scorers

Nutty Professor

Comment

Sorry to say but these problems have been around for years.
                  I have been in the RSOC and AVO clubs for over 20yrs. and seen it many times when the best cars have lost.
                  Back in the 90's they was a car RUD1T ( RS2000 ) I think it was. Always got maked down on points because it had a Group 1 engine. This was never fitted at the factory.
                  You have spent alot of time and money on your car and you, I and most people would say it is one of the best.
                  But if you are chasing trophies you could get upset.
                  Enjoy owning the car and driving it. If you get a few trophies along the way great.
                  Each judge will judge a car differently. So to win them all you will have to change parts on your car for different judges.
                  The phone call in Confidence shound not have been passed onto other people, that was wrong.
                  From what you have been saying do not show your car at National Day, or do so and see what happens.
                  All the best.

The Heart

Comment

thought RUD 1T was a "Genuine Grp1 car", this is where Autoglym have the upper hand.

Comment

a restored car shouldnt loss point to a non restored car both done to the same standards on orginalty but if its had a color change yes it will lose point cus its non orginal,its alter to what the body tags say it should be

ian keep doin what you want as its your car not johns or any1 elses

Comment

Originally posted by Kel View Post
                        thought RUD 1T was a "Genuine Grp1 car", this is where Autoglym have the upper hand.
                        Hi Kel
                        The engine was fitted at the dealers. So he lost points.
                        Back then my friend was doing the judging but as I say each judge will judge different way.

The Heart

Comment

I really don't get the point.

I'd been collecting all sorts of Group 1 goodies (69 litre tank, vented disc kit etc) for my car. Then I found out that I wouldn't be able to register the car in Germany as an historic heritage vehicle if I fitted them, as they weren't on the car in its first 5 years of life. Result: I had to decide whether to leave them in their boxes or fit them. I finally decided to fit them and to hell with the historic vehicle registration. I could have decided to not fit them and be able to get the cherished "H" plate in Germany. (as luck has it, the rules changed and I'm ok now, although that's not the point I'm making)

Ergo: Ian, if your whole heart is set on picking up Standard Class trophies, then instead of writing thread after thread slagging off the judges, the clubs, the rules etc., why don't you just use the time to put your car into standard condition? Surely it can't be that hard? And you'd be able to get good prices for the Group 1 bits you now have fitted.

Otherwise, just give a to$$ about what others judge. In any case, your car will attract enough oglers at shows irrespective of whether it has a blue riband attached to it.

Maybe we have different mentalities since, even the trophies and awards I have gained over the years are in cupboards and not on show anyway. However, if you want to win at any game, the first thing to know is the rules of the game, the second is to play according to those rules.

PS: gve yer a tenner for the dipstick and tube

Comment

Originally posted by dasadrew View Post
                            I really don't get the point.

I'd been collecting all sorts of Group 1 goodies (69 litre tank, vented disc kit etc) for my car. Then I found out that I wouldn't be able to register the car in Germany as an historic heritage vehicle if I fitted them, as they weren't on the car in its first 5 years of life. Result: I had to decide whether to leave them in their boxes or fit them. I finally decided to fit them and to hell with the historic vehicle registration. I could have decided to not fit them and be able to get the cherished "H" plate in Germany. (as luck has it, the rules changed and I'm ok now, although that's not the point I'm making)

Ergo: Ian, if your whole heart is set on picking up Standard Class trophies, then instead of writing thread after thread slagging off the judges, the clubs, the rules etc., why don't you just use the time to put your car into standard condition? Surely it can't be that hard? And you'd be able to get good prices for the Group 1 bits you now have fitted.

Otherwise, just give a to$$ about what others judge. In any case, your car will attract enough oglers at shows irrespective of whether it has a blue riband attached to it.

Maybe we have different mentalities since, even the trophies and awards I have gained over the years are in cupboards and not on show anyway. However, if you want to win at any game, the first thing to know is the rules of the game, the second is to play according to those rules.

PS: gve yer a tenner for the dipstick and tube
                            Drew, your not wrong, i,m trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, it aaint going to work. So im going to leave the car how it is and just shut up about it now. I think enough is enough. Autoglym here is come.

Comment

as for the dipstick and tube Drew, i,ll think on the kind and genorous offer

Comment

Working...
                              X