£1000 the lot

Comment

RSOC # 15852

New Zealand RSOC Editor

Comment

big bucks there...
        sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Decided to put it all together and see what is what from there. Surprising how much room and engine takes up when its stripped down. More space for Hoarding then!
          RSOC # 15852

New Zealand RSOC Editor

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit View Post
              That's a completely different type of head Brian. That one is the Warrior type, purpose designed naturally aspirated head...whereas Daves motor is a turbo Cosworth YB which was built by Holbay and has a long stroke crank.

They are totally different...apart from the fact they are are both 16-valve Pintos .

Comment

I know the one above is a Warrior based Holbay rework

Comment

What ever happened to Holbay then? I know the old fella retured but it was taken over by a past employee or something? BUt in the past when I tried to contact them I got no response??
                  RSOC # 15852

New Zealand RSOC Editor

Comment

Originally posted by BigDave View Post
                    What ever happened to Holbay then? I know the old fella retured but it was taken over by a past employee or something? BUt in the past when I tried to contact them I got no response??
                    Holbay went bust - their name and rights were bought out by Coltec:

My steel crossflow was a Holbay built engine, completed by Coltec.

Check this thread in turbospuds for the difference between a Holbay and a Warrior, I've posted some pics:

Comment

Tried to edit my last post but Dave's 5 minute limit stopped me

Coltec operate from the ex-premises of Holbay, not sure if they retain any of the rights.

Connaught do the "Warrior" heads, which are not true Holbay heads but you can get cam covers to fit, with the word "Holbay" on it, like in Brian's pic above.

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit View Post
                        I know the one above is a Warrior based Holbay rework

Apologies Bri...I wasn't trying to teach you to suck eggs mate

Comment

I know they are different, hence different names. I just wondered if they were still going or no after the bust up. Cheers for the info.
                          RSOC # 15852

New Zealand RSOC Editor

Comment

Still sat in my garage, not even opened the boxes to be honest. Looking to sell it on as per my other thread. But if Paul is looking in can you remind me on Saturday to get the number of your engine builder please mate?

If the engine does not sell as it is soon I am just going to bite the bullet and build it back up myself.

Cheers
                            Dave...
                            RSOC # 15852

New Zealand RSOC Editor

Comment

Working...
                            X