Cf Mosel Valley Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cf Mosel Valley Tour

just got back at 9pm this evening, we covered a sunny 1100 miles over the weekend, it was very hot down there, bloody lovelly!! hotel was nice and the bar did a good job of sorting us with 'gross biere bitter' till way past the small hours.

50+ cars and old faces as well as new. had a good time up until we all decided to hit the nurburgring sunday lunchtime!!

it was soo hectic, me and my missus only managed part of one lap, as unfortunately my brakes let go!! which is frightening when you are taking a steep downhill left hand bend, on a track you dont know, will zillions of mental bikers and track day fans, with yer mate a few car lengths ahead, the pedal went hard with the conclusion that i had glazed my pads badly, i guess the old solid disc/mintex combo just aint upto much.

needless to say for the last 500 miles i have had virtually no brakes, so will have to address this before the lakes.

just a few pics to give you a taste, get next years trip booked!!

nice piccies Lee, good weather too, wheres Next years then

Comment

nice pics m8, how were the carbs behaving
      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

nice pics lee...looks like you had a nice time...
        sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

good to see glyn and martin in their white and blue mk1's - did they make it around ok ?

looked a jaunt

Comment

right youve given us a taster, lets have some more up, who took the ring incar pics?

Comment

nice to see you made it back in one piece lee.....
              Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

It really was one fantastic tour......especially the Ring. As well as Lee's brake problems,, I boiled my brake fluid on the track so needs the fluid replacing now.

In all, 1600 miles of driving through 6 countries, get as far as Birmingham and my alternator packed up again (yes the new one I had in Ireland last year when that packed up as well ! ). Got a piggy-back home !

More pics tonight hopefully and maybe a video of the track if I can fathom out how to work my mates camera.

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Looking forward to more pics and vids lads

Comment

Originally posted by tawelfryn View Post
                    It appears my mate gave me the wrong lead to download to the PC. There will be a delay I'm afraid.

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit View Post
                      who took the ring incar pics?
                      sian did from passenger seat, i wish she had got me bonnet in, so you know the car actually went round.......LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tawelfryn View Post
                        Stu
                        I've just had this sent to me. It now appears on a German photographers web-site.
                        The car now looks different now. It has a Nürburgring sticker in the top corner

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

great pic Al,what a great weekend it was,the ring was fantastic really enjoyed it,shame that you broke down on the way home hope you get it sorted alright.

cheeRS
                          joe

Comment

Full on Aled, that a lovely shot

Comment

Originally posted by oldskooljoe View Post
                              great pic Al,what a great weekend it was,the ring was fantastic really enjoyed it,shame that you broke down on the way home hope you get it sorted alright.

cheeRS
                              joe
                              Hi Joe, yes what a terrific time. I'm still on a high. How did your car go?......I'm assuming you got home ok

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Working...
                              X