Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RabC-RS2-77 View Post
    here's mine, can you guess where !!!!

mmmmm, now, lets think about this one.................

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

I have a used a mk5 1991 model as my daily driver for the last six years. It had done 30,000 miles when I purchased it and its now at 82,000. Only things I have had to change are 3 rear wheel bearings and 1 front wishbone aside from oil changes, plugs etc that have been done at service intervals by myself. The car has never let me down and I have no intention of changing it for a newer model.

Car has never been kept in a garage in my ownership and still retains all its original panels,paint and has never been welded, however there are signs of rust appearing on the rear arches,around the filler cap and on the hatchback where the spoiler sits. Wheels also corrode badly. Interior is still like new even the drivers seat has no signs of wear.

Only downside I can think of is its not as much fun to drive as the mk2 but it handles well, goes well when pushed and is comfortable to drive. I would guess you would find it hard to get a car thats better for the price these are selling for at the moment and also 2nd hand parts are still cheap with the exception of the transfer box in the 4x4s.

Dont regret buying one at all.

David

Comment

im thinking of buying one....any got any good or bad points on them,

so by the majority on here, steer well clear

allow yourself the purchase of a 205/309 gti

all the way

Comment

that looks like it was a nice one graham , i would like one as the daily
          sigpic

Comment

a very nice Mk6 4x4 has come up

Comment

Very nice that Kel, would it pull a trailer

Comment

yes it would power wise, but no I wouldnt... just in case the stress on the transfer box is to much.. not cheap to fix replace or even find.

For only made 500 4x4's and some said that there is only 200 ish left.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel View Post
                  yes it would power wise, but no I wouldnt... just in case the stress on the transfer box is to much.. not cheap to fix replace or even find.

For only made 500 4x4's and some said that there is only 200 ish left.
                  Just a nice idea Kel, thanks for confirming, a 2 pulling a 2

Comment

Working...
                  X