Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam - you've just gone from 2nd to sixth in an F1 car with paddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic reading your privilaged experience, sounds/looks a top day and glad you made it all the way to get a dream drive in a F1 car.

Top Stuff

Comment

cracking stuff Graham
      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by ian parker
        Graham, words fail me, it must have been simply staggeringly fantasticly memorabley awesome. simple as that. Your thread reads so well.
        thanks Ian,
        (and the rest of the guys), also glad to be home safe and sound, all be it i am very tired, still loads more stuff i could post, however dont want to overdo it, but how can i top that one.

cheeRS.
        sigpic

Comment

you've lived a dream there graham !
          excellant coverage by the way !

ps next time instead of just thinking of me
          how about taking olde rab, like...

i bet the last few days feel
          like you've bn drinking too much red bull...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RabC-RS2-77
            you've lived a dream there graham !
            excellant coverage by the way !

ps next time instead of just thinking of me
            how about taking olde rab, like...

i bet the last few days feel
            like you've bn drinking too much red bull...

yep

cheeRS
            sigpic

Comment

Brilliant description of the day superb pics (keep em coming)

you are one lucky man
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W
                Brilliant description of the day superb pics (keep em coming)

you are one lucky man
                hi gaz,
                it was AWESOME, absolutely AWESOME i have never, ever experienced such a brutal noise / roar from behind me when i hit full throttle (or "full Gas" as Andre the instructor would say) it was like a noise from a horror movie, a mix of scream, roar and every other imaginable noise, and this with ear plugs, balaclava, padding and helmet to protect me. Other things like the carbon fibre brakes ... shit, anyone wanna buy my princess four pots........ they would slow you in incredibly short distances also bear in mind that there was to be no engine braking by downshifting,it was a case of chicane, stand on the anchors as if a kiddie ran out in front of you,the gearing would then automatically select the right gear for the drop in revs, foot down, green lights turn to red BAM,touch the paddle, and on till the grren lights turned red again and so on, literally all i had to do was hold on to the steering wheel and press the gas

someone wake me up.....................

cheeRS
                sigpic

Comment

come down graham, you're way too high at the moment !!!!!

excellent time by the looks of it, well done on getting into the top two cars - any of the italian air force make it into them ?

did you manage to have a look around the old banked section of the track ? hope you did

........... and i bet you've enquired about the purchase of a 780 mecachrome engine to "shoe horn" into the black beastie

congrats

Comment

i mentioned that there were some "fighter pilots" (not literally) out on track in the F3 and also formula Nissan, it appears all they wanted to do was kill themselves as quickly as possible before the rain came, it got dark, or both. I was there to learn, enjoy the experience and push myself , and not others thus i listened, watched, learned and enjoyed, - even though i was bloody shitting myself - one such pilot though thought differently.

upon entering lesmos, things got the better of him, as the saying goes, he had all the gear, but no idea, and €45,000 later (yes, that was a quick estimate of the damage by the team nissan runner) it was not just his pride that was hurt................................

thought it was the customs truck at first, LOL

as you can see, carbon fibre wishbones, Steel driveshafts, titanium links, carbon fibre wings/nosecone/linkages / exhaust/etc etc were well mashed.

cheeRS
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by grum
                      any of the italian air force make it into them
                      ? - yep see thread above
                      did you manage to have a look around the old banked section of the track ? hope you did

you may not believe this but Monza is slap bang in the middle of a public park, all be it a very big public park.Imagine wandering into the B'mouth winter gardens amd lo and behold, theres a motor racing track, - no signs to say so, it just appears there. only in Italy!

Did go to the banked section, mainly overgrown now, went there for a quiet moment around lunch to reflect on things and go through in my mind how i was going to drive later.

yes, im still up ther all right.

anybody want to see my chaperone for the day ?

cheeRS
                      sigpic

Comment

only if its a "bella" and not wearing a pink tutu

Comment

"Imagine wandering into the B'mouth winter gardens and lo and behold, theres a motor racing track, - no signs to say so, it just appears there. only in Italy!"

only in Italy ???
                          .......well every february the bournemouth lower gardens holds two stages of rallye sunseeker through it , so yes i can "lo and behold it"

Comment

think i'll stick to monza rather than ole folksville

cheeRS
                            sigpic

Comment

that is such a good read Graham. Absolutely chuffed to bits for you. Tis something you will never forget. Congrats. (Insanely jealous by the way )
                              Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles
                                that is such a good read Graham. Absolutely chuffed to bits for you. Tis something you will never forget. Congrats. (Insanely jealous by the way )
                                will remember it for a long time kev,

cheeRS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X