No announcement yet.

OFE 800V's ==ITS NEARLY THERE 09/05/05 = p12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give that flitch panel (top of your pic, where the under-windscreen panel meets the wing) a good poking. It likes to rot there and will let water into the interior. It would be dead easy to repair it now but a pain in the a**e later.

Love that servo!

Comment

dasadrew they are solid mate but the bodyshop fellas going to check it all out for me before he does the work, all I'm doing is taking it apart as he says its too expensive for me to pay him to do it !

this is the complete servo with powder coated servo bracket

well today removed the other wing without damage, and it came off really well after nearly 25 years LOL and 3-4 hours slowly prising

NS A Post pretty clean and solid

new front panel clamped up for trail fit all going well so far ?

Comment

Doesn`t look in too bad a condition that mate.

You going to scrape all the underseal off anyway?

Comment

yes mate its going to the blasters to remove the lot far easier than scrapping LOL

just the top rail need doing abit but apart from the front panel everything will be original which I was trying to keep not for buftying just for the sake of it

Brian

Comment

bsy cleaning today went down and used an industrial lorry steam cleaner, and what a difference it made I can now see what needs doing

look at this from the above pictures

and the outer wings cleaned up a treat to inside

Comment

that car is solid

the wings have been boltod on you say

i thought they had to be welded on , somthing to do with the strut tops being too close to the wings

Comment

no the wings were factory fit spot welded and the three selftappers, until I took them off this car has never been welded panels replaced and still wont have any replaced LOL just very small repairs

Comment

That has brought them up nice mate

Comment

when you hoping to get it all done for Brian?

Its in v/good cond... Suppose its better to do it now rather than wait untill it gets in proper state... Now where have i see one of them before

Keep it up mate.

Comment

looks in VGC , should be a very solid car when its done , hope when i come to restore mine its as good as that
                      sigpic

Comment

cheers guys

what was happening was a small area of rust on each inner wing but, my mate said get the thing sorted properly or you will be fixing it again in 2 years time which is true enough.

so if I get this done the car should make it for a good few years yet

when you hoping to get it all done for Brian?
                        The plan is for next spring LOL the body work will be done in the next couple of weekends all things being = it supposed to have the wing/s fitted next weekend ? possibly maybe as my mate has business committments and hes got all the gear and abilities ?
                        I had enough fun taking it all apart, I am now dressing the wings and front for fittment priming as I go

Comment

Been doing a bit more stripped out the seats and carpet floor looks very good apart from where some bloody NUMPTY has jacked the floor pan instead of the chassis rail BOTH sides (never really noticed before ) hard I know but hey there you go

floor has no rust bar little spots round the wire holding brackets and the passenger seat bolting point, it looks like there is in the pics but its sound deadening and waxoyly stuff ?

and some work on the bulkhead panel before re seam sealing

Comment

had another ferkle today and straightened out the floor where some idiot had jacked the car up it was up nearly an inch and i beat it into submission to nearly the right shape

and the rust on the drivers well is not anywhere as bad as it looks in the pics very surface stuff thank god

Comment

Today the rebuild started the first welding done just preping the wings and front crossmemeber ready for fitting next weekend,

and to save the original strut top plates they were plug welded ready for rubbing down and priming, this originality bits going to far I could have bought brand new ones from Dave eh LOL

Comment

did some rubbing down and priming the bare metal bits ready for the weekend, should all be primed after the wings go back on front panel, cant wait

rear wheel arches are sound all the way round which I found out after rubbing down

Tank well has not faired quite so good sadly but still very workable

underbonnet inner wing tops after repairs and priming look well

Comment

Working...
                                X