JMR425W Resto, the long haul begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RabC-RS2-77
    is it finished yet vinny! ................ lol.
    see the tech section m8

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit
      have to phone the fella and tell him his wifes a crap panelbeater
      Did she also try spraying it blue too? seem to remember seeing a beige one with a modified door like yours and had been attacked with a spray can also. Got a standard bonnet you can have for nothing if its any good Vinny

Comment

Originally posted by rs2000_gb
        Did she also try spraying it blue too? seem to remember seeing a beige one with a modified door like yours and had been attacked with a spray can also. Got a standard bonnet you can have for nothing if its any good Vinny
        i havernt found any blue paint yet m8, but didnt think i would need a new boot floor either
        what sort of condition is it in m8

Comment

Theres no rot or dents , just a strange design sprayed on it . Think Matey who had it before tryed his airbrush out on it, some kinda of bird or something.

Comment

ok m8 i will take it, dunno about how to get it picked up but i'm sure we will work somein out, cheers buddy

Comment

looks good Vin, have pop round soon and have a look, keep the colour you know you want to, your first posting of pics....is that another project lambretta on the cards!!!!!
              see you in the Lakes Dave
              MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Good luck Vinny, looks pretty good to start with, retain the colour. My opinion is that, as day go by these things are getting rarer and rarer, I know you shouldn,t consider anyone else however one day you may find something else and want to do something with this one quickly, to max your return, it,ll surely be better of being the original colour, thats just my opinion, anyway, how many others do you know in your colour ?? good luck

Comment

cheers for the words lads, i'm still sure i will change the colour, iy looks like the resto will be a bigger job than i wanted so once started theres no going back, and hopefully the car will be a nice strong rust free shell and i doubt i will be looking to sell. So i dont really want to go to all that effort and end up with something i'm not to keen on (colour and interior wise) believe me i had thought of selling it on and waiting for a mex to turn up but could be waiting forever, so i'm gonna resto it to my spec and colour and be happy with it. May even arch it

Comment

just do what you need to m8....it is your car....
                    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

go vinny go
                      Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Good luck Vinny.
                        My mk2 has gone

Comment

well took dave kings advice and bought a reciprocating saw - cheers dave and set about cutting off back panel and most of boot floor.
                          Didnt bother trying to save back panel as it was full of clag and had a lower repair skin fitted over the original one.
                          [img]http://www.redslate.co.uk/upload/pics/vin0011.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.redslate.co.uk/upload/pics/vin0012.JPG[/img]
                          [img]http://www.redslate.co.uk/upload/pics/vin0013.JPG[/img]

Comment

i f**kin give up with this pic uploading

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X