www.auto-restoration.co.uk

Comment

very nice john,
      sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Stunning, absolutely stunning!! Love the arches & front spoiler.

Comment

Mk 2 2.3 Duratec

Hi there. Thats a very very nice car. Good luck with getting it sorted.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles
            VERY nice looking car you have there Like to see it when it's finished.
            oh yeah kev, well i like to drive it when its finished......LOL

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the comments.

Plans are to have the car finished for July as I want to show it at the Ford Motor Company Employee car show at Dunton. But have some problems to sort first. The major one is the company that was making me a new wiring loom has disapeared of of the face of the earth and I need to find some one else pritty dam quick or this will stop the final assembly. The engine in the photo's is a dummy engine (just a bare head and block), my engine is being built this month. After that the cossie T5 gearbox need to be rebuilt with a new ratio gear kit for N/A engines.

After that its plan sailing

John

Comment

Really nice. Looks like a lot of time has been put into it already. You must be well pleased.
                We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

well hopefully you get over those rougth seas pretty soon, to that plain sailing, lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

wow lovley motor, super looking paint job too.....Gerard.

Comment

Stunning M8

Comment

Originally posted by Deepest Blue

****ing hell neil that must have took allnight for you 2 cum up wi that
                        picture lark,lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice!
                          Do you have pics with the engine out showing the mounts etc?

My mk2 is getting some Duratec treatment too. Only 2.0 though.
                          After looking at the Raceline brochure I think I'll be getting the engine from them.

Comment

john

thats a very tasty looking mk2....have you got a spec on the engine yet? did u get ur exhaust manifold custom made?? im doing a bit of checking out for doing this job myself in my mk2 van.....all depends on my budget at the end of the day....

Comment

what a cracker ! credit to you mate, lovley car.

Comment

Aaron P.

The specification of my engine is the Raceline 250 Spec. Torque and power numbers for this spec is 200 pound / foot at 5000 rpm and 250 bhp at 6000rpm with maximum rpm at 7000. Engine spec as follows

Crankshaft – standard lightened and balanced with Raceline light flywheel.
                                Conrods - standard balanced statically and dynamically with ARP bigend bolts.
                                Bearings – Heavy duty Vandervelle VP3 for all journals.
                                Pistons – Raceline Omega high compression, takes compression ratio from 9.8:1 to 10.8:1.
                                Head – New Ford “high Flow” head with standard valves.
                                Cams – Raceline RLD220 camshafts with heavy duty valve springs and vernier timing pulleys.
                                Intake – Jenvey direct to head throttle bodies with Pico 330mm injectors and K&N filters
                                Exhaust – Tony Law 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, optimized to Mountunes specification.
                                ECU – Pectel T2 with spark and fueling maps supplied by Mountune and optimized by myself on Dyno and Rolling Road.

I will find some pitures of engine mounts and sump and post them latter.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X