Aussie RS2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mk2mick View Post
    You have been getting on with it..... All I seam to do with mine is remove more & more unnecessary filler & uncover more crap repairs. Thought it was just going to be a splash panel now need a passenger wing as well. God knows what the drivers side will bring, & what is it with shit 5 speed conversions over here. Mine is the same! Have a good Xmas pal. Will have to catch up in the new year
    Have faith mate and I'm quite sure the car will come good as it looked pretty good from the off so it should only be minor things ;-) Yeah we should catch up and for sure I will be pottering around in the garage rebuilding but weather dependant of course as my garage don't have A/C

Comment

Nice update moose
      Good progress on ur car from last time a looked
      Be nice to see the colour once it's been done
      When a was in oz in. 2009
      Didnt see many mk2.was in Perth tho
      dav

Comment

Originally posted by bluevan1 View Post
        Nice update moose
        Good progress on ur car from last time a looked
        Be nice to see the colour once it's been done
        When a was in oz in. 2009
        Didnt see many mk2.was in Perth tho
        Plenty Mk2s here they just don't come out very often especially in this stinking heat and I reckon it hit 40 today

Comment

Finished work for 5 days so was going to get a bit more done on the car but looking at the weather & not wanting to do the grinding back in my mates unit I may give it a miss or start bloody early........

Comment

Originally posted by mk2mick View Post
            Finished work for 5 days so was going to get a bit more done on the car but looking at the weather & not wanting to do the grinding back in my mates unit I may give it a miss or start bloody early........
            Soft c**k whats up with you? I've been working in the garage, done some gardening and just got back home from a 25km cycle ride. Must admit though it is a tad warm

Comment

Nice shiny door, bonnet has to be redone though so car won't be coming home this weekend :-(
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

hey mooe send the sun to the uk
                  freezeing here and its pish dun aw the time.
                  dav

Comment

Originally posted by bluevan1 View Post
                    hey mooe send the sun to the uk
                    freezeing here and its pish dun aw the time.
                    Mate it's stinking hot, feel free to have some sun as far too much for this white skinned pommy :-)

Here's another shot of the car as I went to go see it this morning to check out the bonnet and yes it needs doing again. Obviously the black around the windows still has to be done but well impressed so far. One question though I know it's perhaps a personal taste but what's the reason(s) for blacking out the sill, personally I'm thinking of leaving in colour as I think it looks ok or did it leave the factory with blacked out sills?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ok ok, went there this morning & did some more. Drivers side not as bad as the passenger. The list of panels grows

Comment

Let the rebuild begin, car now at home and will hopefully start cracking on with it tomorrow :-)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                          Mate it's stinking hot, feel free to have some sun as far too much for this white skinned pommy :-)

Here's another shot of the car as I went to go see it this morning to check out the bonnet and yes it needs doing again. Obviously the black around the windows still has to be done but well impressed so far. One question though I know it's perhaps a personal taste but what's the reason(s) for blacking out the sill, personally I'm thinking of leaving in colour as I think it looks ok or did it leave the factory with blacked out sills?
                          hey moose, looking good, just seen this post. Australian RS's had the sills blacked out as well as around the windows but not the rear panel.

Keep it up.
                          Life is Racing......
                          sigpic
                          everything else is just waiting

...or buftying.

Comment

Originally posted by Groupcracer View Post
                            hey moose, looking good, just seen this post. Australian RS's had the sills blacked out as well as around the windows but not the rear panel.

Keep it up.
                            I was going to keep it bog standard aussie but i'm not going to black the sills out just yet and i will be fitting some European parts, the changes I make will not involve drilling holes etc so if need be it can return to Aussie spec at a later date.
                            BTW back panel will more than likely be blacked out, its a personal thing I know but after owning one in the late eighties I think it suits the car.

Comment

looks nice and shiny some incrediable temperatures over in aus at moment dont know how you guys handle that kind of heat
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi rs View Post
                                looks nice and shiny some incrediable temperatures over in aus at moment dont know how you guys handle that kind of heat
                                Stay inside with the a/c :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X