Aussie RS2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie RS2000

Ok the time has come to give the old girl a light restoration, I have owned this one for 10 years now and in this time have done nothing to it other than polish it now and again. Its still running on the original engine so have to use a lead additive everytime I fill it up and the body is straight. It's just that that the paint work is tired and have a few little dings that I've always wanted to get sorted out.

Nose cone came off really easily and found nothing nasty today other than a dent on the front valance. Good wheels are off and replaced with shitty ones, now have to start sneaking the interior inside while the wife ain't looking
    Attached Files

This bugger was hiding in the front nearside inner wing, one little bite from this and I would have known about it
    Attached Files

Comment

Jesus moose!!! Is that a black widow spider??

Comment

Originally posted by fox2fox View Post
        Jesus moose!!! Is that a black widow spider??
        Red Back and think its a close cousin of the black widow, they are all over the place here in Oz but easy to spot as their web is messy. Just never stick your hands in dark corners without looking, always shake your boots before putting them on and you'll be right

Comment

Going to be watching this with interest

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

Originally posted by mike77cos View Post
            Going to be watching this with interest
            The spider or the car?

I won't be stripping the car down to the last nut and bolt like I did for the white one as the Roth rep had to be seam welded turreted etc, the RS is a light resto and running gear suspension etc will be done when I get the car back from the painters. Anyway will gladly share pics as i go :-)

Comment

nice one moose about ur rs
              i looks a nasty wee thing there u have found .
              will watch ur progress.
              dav

Comment

Did I say light restoration thought I did but getting carried away, heater box to come out then will get rid of the old soundproofing, most of it has gone brittel with age so will get it all removed and stick some new stuff down when it comes back from the respray, no real nasty shocks so far and floors are tip top, doors have the usual bit of metal removed for fitment of speakers but other than that I'm generally happy (other than the shitty attempt to fit the 5 speed box).
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                  Did I say light restoration thought I did but getting carried away, heater box to come out then will get rid of the old soundproofing, most of it has gone brittel with age so will get it all removed and stick some new stuff down when it comes back from the respray, no real nasty shocks so far and floors are tip top, doors have the usual bit of metal removed for fitment of speakers but other than that I'm generally happy (other than the shitty attempt to fit the 5 speed box).
                  Finally back on track, have binned the original guy that was supoosed to perform the work as he was completley unreliable. Given that I'm heavily into the scooter scene here in Perth I have managed to source a recomended painter this way (you could argue why don't you do it yourself as you did the Roth BUT the roth was designed to be a racing car and I really want the RS to appear standard when done so I'm not taking any risks :-))

Comment

Very interesting to see an Aussie RS being done up for a change, and it's nice to make comparisons with our UK models. I'm looking forward to following your progress on it! Good luck!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000EXPRESS View Post
                      Very interesting to see an Aussie RS being done up for a change, and it's nice to make comparisons with our UK models. I'm looking forward to following your progress on it! Good luck!

Tim
                      '

Thanks mate the plan is to have the car looking standard and the colour will not change , (I may even go back to a 4 speed box). I just want to enjoy the car as its a real pleasure to drive (well for about 1/2 an hour anyway as its a nightmare in the hot sun due to no air con and a black interior :-))

Comment

Nice one mate. The back op must have gone ok if ur crawling about through the RS

Comment

Originally posted by mk2mick View Post
                          Nice one mate. The back op must have gone ok if ur crawling about through the RS
                          Erm no the RS was stripped down months ago, the painter only came over this week to give me a quote. The back is like glass at the mo :-(

Comment

Engine bay/boot and inside already in colour now time for 4 coats of shiny red :-)
                            Attached Files

Comment

You have been getting on with it..... All I seam to do with mine is remove more & more unnecessary filler & uncover more crap repairs. Thought it was just going to be a splash panel now need a passenger wing as well. God knows what the drivers side will bring, & what is it with shit 5 speed conversions over here. Mine is the same! Have a good Xmas pal. Will have to catch up in the new year

Comment

Working...
                              X