X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thats looking very nice andrew
    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• VERY pleased to have finally got hold of this bit. Have had a search on eBay going for a year. Bought one a few months back but it never arrived
      This one has the EXACT same part number (not just generically similar). Just need to swap over the Ford and Bosch housing covers and the job's a good 'un

Comment

• nice one drew

Comment

• Oil Cooler now fitted. Will route hoses and fix P-clips after fitting all the rest of the bits like loom etc., to ensure best positioning.

Refurbed the Ford regulator cap and did the transplant too.

Comment

• looks stunning Drew
            Cheers

Comment

• nice work drew
              sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

• Originally posted by dasadrew View Post
                VERY pleased to have finally got hold of this bit. Have had a search on eBay going for a year. Bought one a few months back but it never arrived
                This one has the EXACT same part number (not just generically similar). Just need to swap over the Ford and Bosch housing covers and the job's a good 'un

andrew my mk1 had one of them fitted are they hard to find my alternator has a loom that plugs into that box

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjohnie View Post
                  andrew my mk1 had one of them fitted are they hard to find my alternator has a loom that plugs into that box
                  Exactly. They keep you regular

Comment

• looks great andrew
                    MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• my mk1 still has one fitted though i think its got yellopw tape round the bottom

Comment

• Originally posted by vinny View Post
                        my mk1 still has one fitted though i think its got yellopw tape round the bottom
                        Yep! My original one had yellow tape. The Bosch replacement has green. I didn't have any yellow tape to hand today, so sealed it in the meantime with "Bosch Green"! Retrofit to follow!

Comment

• Rather glad I decided to re-insulate the loom. Discovered this little mischief hiding under the wrapping. What you can't see in the photo is the adjacent cable which was also chafed so that the wires were exposed.

All better now! Spliced joint and heatshrink sleeve for one cable. The other one wasn't too bad, so it got taped up with self-amalgamating tape. (You can see the second exposed cable in the background.)

Comment

• Spruced up the alternator today. New bearings, brushes, tidied up a bit.

Comment

• i must say that you do restore a car to the max....well done
                              sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• Not sure if I've seen anyone go to this much depth of detail.

I can only take my hat off to you..........if I was wearing one !!!!!!!

Please keep the pics coming as this really is a great Resto story.

Drew, can I also ask what size Goodridge fittings are used on the Mocal Oil Cooler ?

Many thanks..............
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X