Jaffa's Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banishit View Post
    Drew how come you have the winged washer on your RBT's ?

**** me Brian, you have eyes like a shite house rat, how did you notice them ?

however, like you i was curious - never seen em fitted to RBTM before, though as Drew said, no real reason why not, and if they fit..........

coming on well there, nice and colourfull too,

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

• You've got me on this one chaps. Why isn't the question: "why do you remove the winged washers and bin them and find a replacement, then use a tiny spanner on the piston rod flats to stop them turning when you tighten down?"

Surely the only purpose of the winged washer with its tooth in the piston groove is to be able to grip it and stop the piston rod from turning when you tighten up the nut?

Comment

• Ohh err. There ain't arf a load of bits in them there carbooretters!

Comment

• love meccano sets, make a plane

Comment

• "Can ya guess what it is yet??"

Comment

• Neighbours keep trying

Comment

• just spent my rainy sunday afternoon lookin through this thread, some unbelieveable work has gone into this car by the looks of it, the underside in gleaming bare metal is a highlight! looks really good and looking forward to seeing it finished as im sure you are . just wondered what you used to cut the metal on your inner wings, seems really neat? cheers joe

Comment

• i agree this car is having a real make over, a credit to you sir

Comment

• Thanks for all the kind comments chaps! It really means a lot as there isn't anyone around here in France that really identifies with the RS and offers encouragement!

Well, as Oasis say "little by little ...." Carbs went together a treat - nothing left over at the end. Timing belt cover takes away the multicolour impression a bit. Photo is lightened a bit otherwise details in the nether regions become invisible.

By the way, the most used tool on the whole project is a Dremel with a glass fibre bonded cutting disc - tedious and quite expensive but very controllable and accurate.

Comment

• stunning looking engine bay Drew, credit to you

Comment

• very good drew, love the blue covers. credit to you
                        MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• nice,neat and tidy drew,TOP DRAW
                          sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

• very nice drew,stunning work

Joe

Comment

• i wondered if it was the work of a dremel multi , im hoping if i purchase one now i can get somewhere near to this! looks better with every update

Comment

• coming together now eh das, looks great

Comment

Working...
                                X