No announcement yet.

Mk2 mexico project begins....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an observation i think i would have put the brake servo tower and brake pipes in the engine bay 1st before fitting the engine. Its not a pop at you, you've made a grand job so far

Comment

• watch out for screwdriver experts tho I had a fully smashed disk recovered by these guys...

Everyone else who claimed to do data recovery were middle men who tinkered then sent it away to a lab. It took me 2 weeks to find a company with an actual lab who knew what they were doing.

DONT GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO DOESNT KNOW THEIR STUFF ELSE YOU MIGHT LOSE THE LOT

Nutty Professor

Comment

• love the spiderman bike

this car looks sooo shiny - be a shame to take it outdoors let alone use it on a road.. you'll need one of those Chris Evans style garages to keep it in... although bet wouldn't even let James May drive it

Comment

• Superb job aidrian, look superb, good luck with the photo recovery

Comment

• Thanks for the advice i really do appreciate it.
            Also thanks to Paul K for helping me out with the missing screws for the door strikers.
            I have also been on the phone to AndyC today,another top bloke.

Comment

• I have also been on the phone to AndyC today,another top bloke.[/quote]
              ,thats the end of this build then. only joking big lad!!! he helped me out no end,finished my amber mex with his help.car looks a belter .enjoy.
              we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

• Amazing work, looking forward to seeing it

CheeRS
                Martin

Comment

• Adrian what ar you doing giving your number to Andy c You've alot to learn No hes a good lad I love him Ar you still playing out at the lakes?
                  sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

• very good idea fitting the speedo cable first. can be tricky afterwards.

Did you get the strut top nuts from that guy? I have a spare set I can loan you if you need them in a hurry.

Robert
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kas750 View Post
                      Thats an interesting point Wayne.There are people about with much greater knowledge than me, but what i would say is that i can't think why the back seat would of been changed?I have already posted a pic of the underside of the front seats with a date of july 1978.My car was registered in august 1978,so is a very late car and is on the cusp of when production changed to the later seats.It also has the orange needle clocks which are deemed as incorrect but i have every bit of documentation to back up the mileage of 70 odd thousand miles which are showing on the clock.As mentioned before this car has been laid up untouched since 1990 so has not been knocked and ****ed about with like so many others.I would interested in other peoples views on this?

mine has the orange needle clocks aswell (mk2 mex on a T plate) and they have been in since new ,i know this as the car was nearly new when it came to the island unless roddy mexico knows differently(he bought the car to the island )

Comment

• Originally posted by wetandwindy2 View Post
                        mine has the orange needle clocks aswell (mk2 mex on a T plate) and they have been in since new ,i know this as the car was nearly new when it came to the island unless roddy mexico knows differently(he bought the car to the island )
                        Thanks for that.When i bought the car i was told that the mexico never had the orange needle clocks and thats what my research then lead me to believe.Since then i have been contacted in various ways,either by replying to my threads or by pm by 5 other mexico owners with late cars that also have orange needle clocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by prs View Post

Did you get the strut top nuts from that guy? I have a spare set I can loan you if you need them in a hurry.

Robert
                          I have been fixed up thanks Robert.

Comment

• Originally posted by laney View Post
                            Adrian what ar you doing giving your number to Andy c You've alot to learn No hes a good lad I love him Ar you still playing out at the lakes?
                            I got an entry,then gave back word as i didn't think i could finish the car in time.....I now think i could finish it and contacted the organiser on saturday to see if i could get a reserve place.Hopefully i may get a reserve run but i have not heard owt yet..

Comment

• Tonight i have fitted the servo tower and brake pipes.

I have also tried to fit the new clutch cable and wasted about 2 hrs messing about with it and it turns out its too short.

Comment

• I now need to crack on with the front suspension.
                                Last edited by kas750; 14-03-2012, 00:32. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X