My rs 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My rs 2000

It started off as a tidy up the top plates looked a bit iffy,Had a closer look and could see the the wing rails were going so took the plunge and took the wing off
    Last edited by lefty940; 06-06-2011, 22:29. Reason: messed photo up
    sigpic

After cleaning up pulled a big lump of filler out
    sigpic

Comment

ouch but if your good with the old welder should be able to get that sorted

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wetandwindy2 View Post
            ouch but if your good with the old welder should be able to get that sorted
            Going to be a while doing it,it wasnt quite as bad as i was expecting after taking wing off ive seen worse
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lefty940 View Post
              Going to be a while doing it,it wasnt quite as bad as i was expecting after taking wing off ive seen worse

i think a lot of people who own a classic ford eventually learn to be good welders lol.At least once its sorted you know you got a nice strong car again

Comment

Originally posted by wetandwindy2 View Post
                i think a lot of people who own a classic ford eventually learn to be good welders lol.At least once its sorted you know you got a nice strong car again
                LoL very true
                sigpic

Comment

Hi guys a quick question,when i was removing the wing,after wire wheeling the paint off to find the spot welds there were some numbers stamped on the flange in between the spot welds is this normal?
                  sigpic

Comment

I reckon so as I've got numbers on my original wing next to the spot welds.

Comment

I believe they are date stamps ,only on original front wings and on lip of rear arch
                      CheeRS Neil

Comment

Cheers
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks like its going to be nice and solid when your finished

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

Originally posted by mike77cos View Post
                            Looks like its going to be nice and solid when your finished
                            Yes its the only way cut any rust out or it will keep sreading,i keep finding bits that need to be cut out but just got to keep going until its all gone should last a few years more then
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X