No announcement yet.

The Black Beauty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good job Graham, looking good, nice yummie rad there.

dont you fancy putting engine, box and crossmemeber all in at the same time from underneath, was real easy that way imo

like the google earth jobbie....hope you werent on the roof or doing the splits on the wings
    MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• Originally posted by graham John View Post

Next week is crocodile wrestling week, i.e. attempting to get the anti roll bar / DW kit / Anti dive and the Adjustable TCA all into place with poly bushes, it'll end in Bloodshed, probably mine on the garage floor,

be back soon,

cheeRS
      Free Tips

No 1 = Remove steering column - lots more room when fitting engine

No 2 = Use a ratchet strap to assist in fittin roll bar and anti dive
      cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

• Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
        Free Tips

as above no 3 use plenty of washing up liquid when sliding on anti roll bar ones if d/w thats if their not split as when split a piece of pi$$

best to get all brake lines wiring in engine bay b4 engine then fire it in from below with column out and make box q/r so u can fit a tranx at later date but hope this all makes sense

p.s. bolt as much as poss to the engine manifold esp. to stop knuckle rash

Comment

• looking good there Shiney boy

nearly all to the original plans too

Comment

• Originally posted by Mex IT View Post

as above no 3 use plenty of washing up liquid when sliding on anti roll bar ones if d/w thats if their not split as when split a piece of pi$$
            I'd never use split bushes !

Loads of WD40 or grease on roll bar or lend some KY jelly off Gaz W

Use an open ended spanner as a drift against roll bar bush - job done
            cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

• Graham looking at that xmember, can i assume your fillings are safe and secure nice neat work

Comment

• Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
                Free Tips

No 1 = I Agree

No 2 = Throw ARB & DW in bin & fit Compression Struts.
                Mark....

Comment

• thanks guys for the comments, tips, and enthusiasm, all appreciated,

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

• youve spilt some paint on the floor by the looks of it !!! take your boots off before going in the house !!!!!!!!!!!!!

its coming on

Comment

• good going there graham mate, keep going.... i don't get chance to come on here much at the mo, so i was shocked to see the progress, top man

Comment

• Originally posted by anddon View Post
                        good going there graham mate, keep going.... i don't get chance to come on here much at the mo, so i was shocked to see the progress, top man

you're welcome to pop up anytime Andrew and have a look

cheeRS
                        sigpic

Comment

• .........and on with the show.

with it all bolted nicely in place, time to fit the rack, however problems, problems, problems

the rack simply would not line up with the column , off it came, back on it went, back off it came (bearing in mind i had by now connected up the double width / anti dive / anti roll and TCA to the Xmember, still no way would it align through the correct angle to the column which was annoying as i had taken great care with all measurements and work.

This is what the standard set up is like, perfect alignment with the standard rack, X member and column,

and this is what it was like with the standard rack /new x member

and here with the new Rack, and new X member, the difference centre to centre was 22mm, far to much for any slack to be taken up or any amount of buggering about, tried the column to see if it was bent (twas arrow straight)

couple of calls to those in the know to explain, and also some helpfull pic's from Bri (Banishit) - everything measurement wise was right, therefore off it came (again) and detail (i mean detail) measurements taken against the standard Xmember, lo and behold, the 'Rake' of the rack mounting points was some 12 degrees out from the standard Xmember - no wonder it wouldnt work out!

anyway, to cut a longer story short, back it went to the manufacturer who then informs me that it was a lowered rack x member and that i was sent the wrong one .......a week lost!

a new one was duly despatched, however as i write, i have not fitted it yet,

cheeRS
                          sigpic

Comment

• well,
                            i guess the moral to the above is to check everything and not take it for granted

the pic below shows the New replacement WCXM, with new Q rack and alloy mounts.
                            whilst i have not yet fitted it, it does appear more in sync with the measurements of the standard X Member

TBF, the manufacturer /supplier were very apologetic and made suitable amends with some extra bits for my troubles

cheeRS
                            sigpic

Comment

• get it fitted then

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

• Originally posted by mikers2k View Post
                                get it fitted then

this afternoon hopefully, however my beloved Scarlets chase Heineken cup glory so it may have to wait

cheeRS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X