sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Skids View Post
        what about my question ?

which was ?

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

• :knob: Apologies GJ I didn't realise you had been posting this afternoon,when I looked this morning you hadn't replied (see you've had the computer gremlins in ).
          Another lesson read before you write

Keep sending the pics.
          PS Where do you buy your parts (Rally Prep) from ?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by graham John View Post
            yes, nose cone is staying, i love the appearanc of it and i take the view that if i do 'stuff it' then i will be a little further back from the accident with the nose cone on

all seam welding done by myself and now virtually completed (phew)

will keep the pics coming, keep the encouragement coming as well lads

cheeRS
            Agreed keep the nosecone....

Mark....

Comment

• Originally posted by Skids View Post
              :knob: Apologies GJ I didn't realise you had been posting this afternoon,when I looked this morning you hadn't replied (see you've had the computer gremlins in ).
              Another lesson read before you write

Keep sending the pics.
              PS Where do you buy your parts (Rally Prep) from ?
              no prob's i guessed youd missed the post

yes, computer probs are severely hampering my updates on the ole girl.

Ref parts, mainly Peter Lloyd Rallying (Bridgend) and JMC (Barry) in south wales, both good service in my opinion, and both give excellent rates particularly on a long term build.

of to autosport for some bits next week, alloy rads , and also silly things like Grommets (not the Wallace type ) cables and hoses.

Warning: Rallying can seriously damage your wealth

stay tuned,

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

• spent most of the weekend cleaning the engine bay, was a right mess - full of dust and crap from the bodyshop, literally took four hours to get it looking decent.

anyway, having had chance to survey the engine bay (now clean and clear of debris) it's time to evaluate what goes where, in what order and what needs doing prior to starting putting things back together.

first thing i had to do was establish whether to leave the original cross member fixing studs or go the "through chasis rails" route.
                The original fixings were, surprisingle, very secure, and have never given me a problem in the past, however as i was using a new Group 4 type WCXM then i have decided to go through the chasis rails.

will post some pics of work in progress

cheeRS
                sigpic

Comment

• This threads usless without pictures

Comment

• Originally posted by Banishit View Post
                    This threads usless without pictures

got a spare camera then ?

cheeRS
                    sigpic

Comment

• boot install looks good, keep pics coming.....
                      Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

got a spare camera then ?

cheeRS
                        man of your means, tut, that film making daughter of yours has

Comment

• Originally posted by Banishit View Post
                          man of your means, tut, that film making daughter of yours has

far too many for my liking Bri,

more pics soon,
                          cheeRS
                          sigpic

Comment

spent most of the weekend cleaning the engine bay, was a right mess - full of dust and crap from the bodyshop, literally took four hours to get it looking decent.

anyway, having had chance to survey the engine bay (now clean and clear of debris) it's time to evaluate what goes where, in what order and what needs doing prior to starting putting things back together.

first thing i had to do was establish whether to leave the original cross member fixing studs or go the "through chasis rails" route.
                            The original fixings were, surprisingle, very secure, and have never given me a problem in the past, however as i was using a new Group 4 type WCXM then i have decided to go through the chasis rails.

will post some pics of work in progress

cheeRS

anyway, onwards and upwards,

i took a lot of detail measurements of the bolt holes as i wanted this 'spot on' and not risk being a few mm out, as this would effect things further down the job, therefore with it all stripped, marked, checked, re measured and checked again, out came the Drill bit

note rusty bit on inner wing .....

then out with the bigger Bit, best to use a slow speed on the drill for this bit, nice n steady....

and double check with right angle / square

Drill out (from the bottom) the threaded section of existing captive thread in chasis, be carefull here as the 'thread' will unwind like wire and 'wind out' - quite dangerous and very sharp. make sure drill is 'square' at all times - i checked every few seconds - and hopefully the bottom holes will line up with the newly drilled top ones!!!!

lets hope so

if not....................

cheeRS
                            sigpic

Comment

and hopefully the bottom holes will line up with the newly drilled top ones!!!!
                              I simply drilled up through the captive nuts and held the drill vertical

Perfik
                              Last edited by RS2000CUSTOM; 09-01-2007, 18:59.
                              cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

• well!

did it i hear you ask ?

cheeRS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X