No announcement yet.

Lakes Preperation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same as me mate,got a leak at the rear,got 5ltrs of oil and just going to top her up now and then,just done the oil for my 5.30am start and the oil filler cap fell apart,to late to find a replacement now, not been my week so far.hope to see her the lakes best of luck.
    we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

Same as, oh why do we put ourselves through this....
      AKA The Dipstick

Comment

Quick update.
        started to get the engine out & replace the rear oils seal & change the now slipping clutch...
        went well so far, all out & cleaned.
        found the culprit to the excess oil use on the tour...

now for the assembly, got a new H/C H/P oil pump, Hi torque starter, and a couple of other little bits

should be ready for the rolling road day soon
        AKA The Dipstick

Comment

well done Da
          Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

got her running tonight, all looks ok, no leaks yet. oil pressures a lot better but still lower than the old engine.

rev counter has now decided to call it a day and refusing to move....

took her out for a quick blast up the road and felt great, had to find my own way home as i had no oil trail to follow back.

fuel tank to come out tomorrow and get a new seal on the sender unit and then she's off to get checked over at a mate's garage before the Mot's due.
            AKA The Dipstick

Comment

what happened with the old seal,and what make of new seal did you use.glad its all sorted mate .
              we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

the old one was part of a gasket kit and was a loose fit... i got a new cossi one from Burton's and it was bloody tight to get in.

according to the micrometer the kit one was 0.5mm smaller o/s diamiter
                AKA The Dipstick

Comment

Working...
                X