1.3 Ghia rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.3 Ghia rebuild

I've been looking for a mk2 to use on trackdays for some time. With the price of 2 door's being on the "too high" side of my budget, i had sarted looking at 4 doors. Still high for good ones.

Then i got told by The Youth off this board, told me of a 2 door mk2 near my home. That the owner wanted to sell after it had been sat in his garage for 6 years.

So a trip of less than 300 meters was aranged

This is it as found in the garage.

6 years sat in a garage.

The day of the long move All of a 30 second drive

All tucked up in its new home

A few photos of the front end. Inner wings not too bad. The passenger side had already been started on and the drivers side had be shall we say worked on by an owner of the past, not he last owner though.

Work started today, hopefuly less then 6 months to finish

World cup X-member in and chassis tube mounts. Bought the X-member 20years ago and never fitted it to my RS

More Soon

Rob

how many do you want rob???

dont look to bad that son
    sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Number 3 and counting. The wife's was not too happy as its 7 cars now.

I'm after putting arches on this one. But not to sure what to do, small, large or x-pack it. Lots of work to do before i need to make my mine up though

Comment

WOW, that looks like quite a decent shell there mate, and i love the towing vehicle aswell !!!!
        sigpic

Comment

you got a decent shell there dude should make a nice car
          Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Originally posted by Chesney View Post
            you got a decent shell there
            Shame you haven't.
            Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

not too much to do to it,

good luck and keep the pics coming

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

What a great find

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

Originally posted by mk2ddc View Post
                  WOW, that looks like quite a decent shell there mate, and i love the towing vehicle aswell !!!!
                  Make the towing easier

Happy with the shell so far, not looking forward to doing the floor pans

Comment

Good luck with her Rob, if you want someone to do the floors I cant recommend Mark highly enough, although think he has a few lined up at the moment.

Comment

if you need the floorpans doing bud i might be able to help ? im the lad who,s done peters rs think i met you at a cleveland rsoc meet when i popped ova with peter a while back

Comment

I'm going to start on the drivers floor front. Just been doing the splash panel and A post skins. I was hoping to just patch it. But I have found filler, fiberglass and newspaper.
                        The floor has been repaired with new from sill to chassis rail. Going by all the other repairs I'm going to have to pull it that out. More work than I wanted to do.
                        Pics later

Comment

Todays work, well 2 hours anyway.

From a few small holes

To just one

Newspaper anyone??

The A post bottom corner looked a bit funny, so no point leaving it.

And this. I didn't spot it until looking at the photo. Spot more news paper

Time for some metal back in

Loads more to do

Comment

Just out of curiosity what date was on the paper? Could trace it back to a previous owner and have words!

Regarding the arches how about proper monte carlo ones like VHK 74/47S?

Comment

Last owner was the good one. The work he started was spot on.
                              The owner before him may be the one who did it.

As for arches. The monte carlo ones are to big for what i'm doing. I need to keep almost the standard axle width, but run 8 to 8 1/2" rims.

Although Big arches is what i had in mind when i found the shell

Comment

Working...
                              X