No announcement yet.

I've started..what have I done???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been a while since I updated this thread.
    Had a week off this week so needed to tidy the garage up and sort all the bits I have taken off the car.
    This took two days but the garage is now tidy and all the bits are stored nice and safe.

I have at last managed to strip the car, no more wires or nuts n bolts it is now just a shell.
    Now the real fun starts, stripping all the paint off and all the crap of 30yrs from the underside
    When I did the engine bay before that took a good few days, so looking forward to a good few weeks/months of work.

Think I will buy a A-Frame spit-roast thinging-ma-bob to help.

Thats all folks

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

if the underside is cover in wax etc from all those years get the shell moved to some where with a proper Steam cleaner and jet it all off

Comment

hi

a wee bit of work to do there .
        the only wae get stuck in..
        dav

Comment

Is the shell going back to yeller, or as it was or are you keeping it black?

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
            Is the shell going back to yeller, or as it was or are you keeping it black?
            Car was and is black, the yellow you can see is old waxoil

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

this takes some of the hard work out of things big K, plus a good wire wheel on a grinder, and plenty of rags
              , an example of a few hours spent on my boot lid below and there were a few coats of pent on that

Comment

Looking good any updates on progress
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dustydog View Post
                  Looking good any updates on progress
                  Work changed my times and also working longer shifts so car not been touched for 5 months.
                  Just going to get Christmas and the New Year over then hope to restart in Feb.

But want to get it welded this year at least.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Finger out Son.
                    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Just opened the garage door, 1st time in 8 months.
                      I have neglected this for 18 months

Don't think it will be at this years Lakes Tour...lol

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

I know how you feel. I pulled a load of stuff off mine a few weeks ago. I can't get near it
                        cheeRS

Comment

ive got one looking a bit like this, the joys of a single garage

Comment

Well what can I say, the RS has been off the road now for 10+ yrs, had some personal issues that took priority over the old beast, so it just sat all alone in the garage.

I now have lost my rented garage which forced me to move the RS, its now at home all locked up and secure.

I now have that bug again, now I can see the car everyday.
                            So, I've got a few things to do before I can restart on it, but hopefully in about 3-6 months I will be able to start again, getting the shell off to the blasters is my first priority.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Don't feel bad, things happen and life gets in the way...mines been off the road since 1997 and after a brief period of working on it in 2012 I've only done small amounts since.

Finally got my garage cleared and I finish work soon, so I'll be getting on with it too now I've got interested in it again. Maybe our two threads will run alongside each others over the next months (hopefully not years!).

Mine is black too...the best colour of course.

Comment

You keep at it and as said, looking at it every day will motivate you and at time frustrate you when it doesn’t go to plan but that’s the joy of a project. Worth it in the end so keep up the good work and keep the posts coming

Comment

Working...
                                X