No announcement yet.

I've started..what have I done???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have finally got the loom out of the car today, chopped out all the added wiring.

all now safely in the bin

all the seats and carpet out, and had a poke at the sills and my screwdriver went though the floor

thats the only bit on both sides so happy with that, will cut it out and weld in a repair patch from a spare floor pan I have.

Thats it for now, as can only get out to it for an hour here and there as doing 13 hour night shifts at the mo

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

looking good m8 be worth all the work when shes done

Comment

Keep with it mate, need to see it at the lakes next year
        AKA The Dipstick

Comment

keep going K not long before the lakes
          Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

its been a while since my last post, heating at home packed up so been saving for a new boiler and heating system so car has taken a back-seat plus I have now run out of room in my garage, might have to rent another garage.

I have a week off coming up, so hope to clear the garage up and poss do a bit more on the old rust bucket.

Popping up to frosties on Tuesday to collect my front panel, should get the engine and box out as well next week, then hope to get a A-Frame spit to work on the under-side.

Thats it for now

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Originally posted by hotrs2000 View Post
              Popping up to frosties on Tuesday to collect my front panel
              You lucky Man.
              Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

hi

comeing on well m8......
                dav

Comment

picked up my first body-panel today, cheers Kev for holding onto it for so long for me.

just need to make a shopping list now and start buying a panel here and a panel there,,this way it wont hit the back pocket so much and I wont mind spending the dosh

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Looks good , I have saved some of your pics to help me put mine back together whenever I get round to it

Comment

nice one K, get your shopping list up see if we on here can help at all

Comment

Originally posted by taffr View Post
                        nice one K, get your shopping list up see if we on here can help at all
                        OK, one brand new shell please

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

It's been a long time since I up dated my own thread.
                          I must admit I lost all interest in the RS over the winter, cold dark garage with no power or heating does that to you plus had other stuff going on so I even thought about just selling up

Glad I just shut the garage door and walked away, advice to all those who think about selling, just walk away from it and go back in a few weeks or months time

Any how, been to the money pit today.
                          Went to pull it out of the garage and the bloody rear brakes had seized on and that was with the hand-brake off as well
                          Managed to dragged the car out and just removed all the drums so now the old beastie has no brakes at all so easy to push/pull in and out of the garage

Set about taking the glass out, never done this before and had visions of my windows turning into very very tiny bits of glass

I only took out the rear window and two rear-side windows and was please there was no rust only a little bit of surface stuff that will rub off, looks like a previous owner had coated everything in waxoil so this has helped stop the dreaded tin worm.
                          Took a few pics to remind me how things go back together, like the heated rear window earth wire, how many peeps have forgotten where it goes.

little bit of surface rust

no more windows

well that is it for today,

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Kieran if the car has a laminated screen you will need to cut the rubber out first otherwise you will crack the screen if you try to push it out.
                            Mark....

Comment

It was yellow at some time then K ?
                              Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

cracking on dude!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X