Silver Harrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovin this thread
    i had a white harrier in the 80's ULV603V and my brother had a siver one in the late 90's MFA21V both lost now we think
    great work well done mate
    sigpic
    RSYoda

Comment

Originally posted by ModenaRS2 View Post
      the Harrier has always been a favourite a real Mk1 Mexico with a face lift.
      I agree with this, and more popular than the Mk2 Mexico in it's day!

In the early 80's a workmate had a nice silver one. He only used to leave it outside his girlfriends house on a main road until the day some idiot came along, did not see it and back ended it!.................. and that was the end of that!

Nice to see another fine Harrier on the road.
      Excellent looking restoration, well done.

Tim.

Comment

Ta guys

Did a little bit more earlier - got the rear axle out and stripped now, and the rear springs and rollbar off. Shotblasting and powdercoat next for a shiney build!

Ordered the stripe kit off the guy on e-bay in Leicestershire, looks ok. Had Mex and RS1800 stoff off him in the past which looked and fitted well.
        Member number 248

Comment

any chance of there ebay user id please

Comment

Originally posted by TONGYS MEXICO View Post
            any chance of there ebay user id please
            Here's one, but not in Leicestershire:

Last edited by Aled; 25-02-2009, 10:26.

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Cheers for help aled ,dont know if to use this seller or not as i had probs with a mk2 mexico kit( pis poor cutting )the stripe was'nt consistant in measurements around wheel arches ie started at 6 mm and ended in 4mm and there after sales were so unhelpfull. anywere else ???????

Comment

you got to love the harriers , a superb mk2 in my opinion.

had a mint original one back in the mid 90's , sold it to a chap who reshelled an rs1800 and won many concourse events with it

Comment

Originally posted by chalkyh View Post
                  Will update when I've done a bit more..... there's just over a year's work there so far - the paintshop pics were from Feb last year. Just waiting for the painter to come over and mop it!!!!

Should be good for 120-130 flywheel bhp I should think going on experience.
                  The Harrier should have a DGAV on it anyway, the step up would be a DGAS of course, which will give more throttle opening (and fuel) from the off and larger chokes too.
                  Jetted for the X-flow it could get you another 4-5 bhp and make it more driveable

Nice resto by the way, is it a factory silver example (WP VIN)?

Comment

Just flicking through the thread and noticed you said need some spots, I have some very clean ones if you still need some.

Comment

Originally posted by TONGYS MEXICO View Post
                      Cheers for help aled ,dont know if to use this seller or not as i had probs with a mk2 mexico kit( pis poor cutting )the stripe was'nt consistant in measurements around wheel arches ie started at 6 mm and ended in 4mm and there after sales were so unhelpfull. anywere else ???????
                      This is one I think you are after:

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

thanks for your help aled ,ive rang them and hope fully sorted.

Comment

Working...
                        X