Harrier well under way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrier well under way

Here we go ,ive just got back from paintshop to see my little pippin and im well happy to see it taking shape , they tell me it should be in paint by middle of feb
    Attached Files

best i can do with pics

some more body shop pics
    Attached Files

Comment

coming on nicely then
      sigpic

Comment

looking well

Comment

Originally posted by TONGYS MEXICO View Post
          my little pippin

so they are "PIPPIN YOUR RIDE"

nice one X

Comment

Cheers lee

Comment

Looking good
              Andy

Comment

Looking good barry
                SOONER HAVE A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME,THAN A FRONTAL LABOTOMY

Comment

Looks great

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

looking great!
                    sigpic

Comment

Cheers all, the lads doing the work have been snapping up some pics right from the start .

i will try and post up these when i can, meanwile the story goes with this

silver harrier first reg 15.02.1980 states sport on v5 but harrier in service book .
                      last change of keeper 1983 and most of service history all hand books and ziebart cert kept.

the old boy i bought it from had the car from 1983 and run it for 5 years then desided to buy is self a new car with pas ,but promised this to his son that was away in the forces ,he never returned and the car stayed in the garage years till it was brought out in 2007 and was'nt realy that bad considering it had been stored for so long .on the rec truck it went back to my workshop and straight on the ramp for the following inspection .

Brakes and clutch on f/wheel seized but engine turned over free and a new battery , fuel system cleaned and oil & filter changed it started up ,the exhaust lasted about 5 mins then fell to bits .

gearbox removed and new clutch fitted
                      full exhaust system renewed
                      discs&pads and front calipers renewed
                      shoes cyls and brake drums renewed
                      steering rack renewed

then off for mot ( passed )

then i had then desided to carry on with the mk2 mex resto
                      you know how it is,(one job at once )so it got tucked away once more .

feb 2008 i stripped it ready for the paintshop as it had plenty of imperfections in the paint work and i was well surprized when carpet and sound deadening were out how good it was underneath on floor and inner sills ,good old ziebart it works well ,the underside is rust free too inc brake pipes and im not removing this as i just want a car that i can use .

most of the mec parts have been sent off to be revived and engine stripped and cam & bore wear found
                      so time to send this of to jem enginnering for a rebuild and overbore

the trim in the car is not to bad ,seats just needed a good clean up and carpet frayed on n/s footwell.
                      hoping to start rebuilding this next month and i feel a divorse coming on this time judging by the prev resto projects.

Comment

Nice bit of history with it, the shell looks is excellent order seeing as they rotted so bad. Few silver ones popping up again

Comment

Them wheels you have on the bay will look nice on this graeme.

Comment

looking great

Comment

looking forward to the rebuild m8

Comment

Working...
                              X