Mex Rebuild & Upgrade for 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mex Rebuild & Upgrade for 2009

As some of you will know I sold my Old engine to e4ggy last year when I was feeling a bit disillusioned with it all, didn't know what I wanted at all, maybe a bit :MadMacMad: but at least I had the sense to keep the car.
    Was going to put her back to standardish while I decided but at the Mcrae weekend & Crail that made the decision for me, I don't do standard :bash: So the hunt was on for an engine, I looked at XE power, even went as far a seriously looking at engines, Atmo YB,duratec + zetec as not really planning to go pinto again and fancying a change.
    Well that all changed when being in the right place at the right time I was offered a complete Ron Harris pinto, brief spec, It's Ron Harris's personal engine which he built new for 08, been dyno run, and final set up at Sanspeed with graph's to prove, all the engine has done is 2 runs at Brighton speed trial's in Ron's mk1 this year, It ran a 13.34 @ a 13.35 so should be quite nippy
    It's a 2.1
    Injection crank( Ron says these rev better being lighter than a steel one and are safe to 9,000+) It's the injection rods and pistons which hold them back normally
    Steel Cossie Rods
    Accralite forged pistons - which gives you a safe 9,000+ rpm :shock:
    Full race head to Ron's spec done by Steve @ Vulcan.
    Motorbike spark plug adapters to run bike plugs otherwise the plugs will hit the pistons They are NGK DPR8EA-9's
    RH1 cam 3,800 - 8,250 powerband.
    Twin 48 Webbers, these are the older Italian ones which have been refurbished with all new internals, Ron reckons these are better and stay in tune for longer.
    AP sprint clutch @ L&B flywheel.
    Modded distributor to Ron's spec for the engine
    Lumenition Ignition.
    Here's a few pics of the engine

Down the Inlet ports

Motorbike plug adaptors

The RH1 cam

And one of the valvetrain

I had planned to get on with fitting the engine over the xmas hols but have been lade low with this flu virus thin for the last month or so :bash: :bash: but finally feeling much better now so next weekend the work starts to get her back on the road :dance:
    This is what the car looks like today

And the engine bay

Kinda empty I know :roll:
    So the plan is next weekend to get the engine bay rwady for the engine and the following weekeng to put her in
    Got a few extra bit to fit with the engine
    Trans-x 5spd gearbox,
    3pc 2 1/4"manifold into 2 1/2 " collector ans 2 1/2" twin box system as recommended by Ron
    Lumennition Ignition system
    And a new Plate diff, just need to build her up

Also had my Belhousing modded to take a cossie 4x4 starter motor

Comment

Nice one martin

should go well with the engine in..all looks spot on aswell

Comment

very nice martin, wished i could be in the right place at the right time for an engine like that,
        ref the lumenition, where did you get it from and did it come as a kit as per the picture, if so, what is the kit called /

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

Top stuff Martin , bring on the black lines !!!!!!!!!
          sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
          Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
          12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Just being fortunate with money sitting after selling the old engine It's the CEK 150 kit, you get everything in the picture, £190 from Peter Lloyd

Originally posted by graham John View Post
            very nice martin, wished i could be in the right place at the right time for an engine like that,
            ref the lumenition, where did you get it from and did it come as a kit as per the picture, if so, what is the kit called /

cheeRS
            Last edited by martin c; 04-01-2009, 16:37. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by martin c View Post
              Just being fortunate with money sitting after selling the old engine It's the CEK 150 kit, you get everything in the picture, £190 from Peter Lloyd
              thanks martin, i will call in and see peter tomorrow,

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

Your welcome

Comment

should go like **** this once you have all the goodies fitted,very nice to see the full spec of the build you have listed as so many secret sqiurrel builds about these days.good luck and its in a very nice car.keep it updated martin
                  sigpic

Comment

Cheers,

Agree with the secret squirrel part, To many people think they have an engine that they dont, Time will tell once I take her down the 1/4 mile.

Will be interesting to see how she goes in my car.

The Harris pedigree is spot on

Originally posted by paul andrews View Post
                    should go like **** this once you have all the goodies fitted,very nice to see the full spec of the build you have listed as so many secret sqiurrel builds about these days.good luck and its in a very nice car.keep it updated martin

Comment

will be a thumping track weapon me thinks m8,that would hammer a 400plus hp cossie mk2 round brands etc i reckon
                      sigpic

Comment

All being well a few of us hoping to come down to Brand later on the year for one of the RF track days

Comment

excellent stuff i will be attending most of there days this year as mine will be done in feb,you can rape me round there then
                          sigpic

Comment

Very nice.

What make is the exhaust ?
                            sigpic

Comment

Not so sure about that, some quick cars down your way
                              Originally posted by paul andrews View Post
                              excellent stuff i will be attending most of there days this year as mine will be done in feb,you can rape me round there then
                              It's an Ashley exhaust
                              Originally posted by Rallye View Post
                              Very nice.

What make is the exhaust ?

Comment

Working...
                              X