RS2000 overhaul............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2000 overhaul............

Thought I'd start a thread on this Forum for my Flat Front RS2000............Bought it quite a while ago.

Decided to roll it out of the garage after it had been sat around without turning a wheel for 12 months or so just to turn it around so I could work on the front suspension

Anyway, it obviously needed some TLC as although it looks fine from a distance the paint had deterioated, so not the best of jobs then !!!!!

Then on further inspection a friend spotted what looked like the start of the dreaded "Tin-Worm".

As luck would have it I dropped into Spellers Accident Repairs only to find the garage working on two RS2000's.........one belonging to Paul Ruddy.

John (Speller) collected the car from my house and has stripped the underside back to metal so it can be coated with a product called Linex.

It's sort of a Spray-On, very tough Rubber that goes on much like you would spray paint on a car...........

I'll post some more pics once the underside if completely stripped (almost there) and when the Linex had been applied.

The RS is then going to be Repainted, same colour (I think).

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

A couple more pics as wasn't allowed to put all the photos on in one go.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Lovely colour Steve. That Linex sounds interesting, looking forward to the results

Comment

good work,keep the pics coming!
        sigpic

Comment

dont look much wrong from the pics,colour does look nice,all the best with the rebuild.
          we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

Looks good,love the colour
            sigpic

Comment

remember that going up for sale, Tony wasnt it ? was on here

Comment

you been busy
                SOONER HAVE A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME,THAN A FRONTAL LABOTOMY

Comment

Banishit,

That's the car............only wanted the Shell, so sold everything else as already had the stuff I wanted to bolt to it in the garage.

The only things I kept was the Fuel Tank and the Steering Column !!!!!!

Pic of one of the Sills.............nice and solid, which is nice
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok mate. The car looks great, just keep the pic's coming.
                    Andy

Comment

it will be a bliding looking car once completed , watching with interest

Comment

car looks great, keep up the good work and keep the pics coming in
                        MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

that looks greatgood luck,keep the pics coming
                          sigpic

Comment

wow, that looks to ba a solid old bus, good effort

great colour

Comment

Gents,

After a bit of help and advise............Has anyone used Classic Trim ?

Will be collecting some MK2 Rolltops from John tomorrow, just bought from this Forum but will need to have recovered.

Now I know Aldridge Trimming do the covers at around £285 and (I thinK) want another £200 to do the work, but Classic Trim apparently do an exchange system.

Or do you chaps go down another route ?

Many thanks........
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X