No announcement yet.

one owner twin cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Father bought a shell direct from Aveley as he was indirectly doing work for them via Boreham. The shell was stamped Service Shell but was actually a complete shell as delivered to Aveley with trim etc. The shell had been damaged in transit and needed the roof and boot to be painted.
    Delivered to his workshop he paid £400.

Painted Service Shell.

Comment

Originally posted by daytona_2000 View Post
      the service shell number is 357 , and according to the plate was sebring red from the factory, this is the first time i have seen a service shell in colour as they where normally in primer.
      the plot thickens.
      make the shell number 327 .

Comment

Really interesting project

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

slightly daunting for someone who has not got a clue about auto electrics.
          plenty of pics and diagrams and try and keep as complete as possible during the engine bay strip down.

is it as daunting as it looks any auto sparks out there ?

Comment

bit of nitromors and a bit of elbow grease and back to the original ford primer coat .

Comment

Nice shell mate, think its first time for me ever seeing a mk1 with original front panel and wings ha

Dont let electrics scare you off, looks like someone has worked at a auto electrics place and had a abundance of 6ra relays!!

Re Service shell , was allways led to belive they were supplied in date order ie no`1 being the earliest to 400 the latest. Oh and the 400 is a wild guess , not sure how many service shells halewood supplied

Shell i am restoring is 312 and is a late type shell , yours 327 which i thought, supplied after mine and is deffo a early shell .

What rear suspension does it have ?

Inclined rear dampers or the later mk2 type ?
              Regards Charlie
              CWC Restorations
              Boldon Colliery Industrial Estate
              Sunderland
              M 07984 888010
              L 0191 4478201

cwcrestorations@btinternet.com

Comment

hi charlie
                first off respect mate, the work you are doing on that service shell is something else . i am in total ore of your skill just superb.
                any way back to the thread .
                strangely enough its an early shell with the inclined shockers , which begs the question were service shells realy in order of batch number or a bit like the avo chassis numbers which from what i can work out is what number shall we start with this week lads LOL.
                so do you think i can cut out a lot of those relays, mind you theres an awful lot of switches and instrumentation in the ****pit?.

Comment

bit of an update .

been busy with the nitromors not much left to do now before it goes off for a light blasting and then off to the workshops.

Comment

Looking great Martin....amazingly solid

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

really really stunning, you have all the makings of something VERY special there

good luck with it
                      Last edited by Mogsmex; 30-04-2008, 13:43. Reason: I kant shpell for ship ;)
                      Cheers Glyn

Comment

Originally posted by daytona_2000 View Post
                        i realy do like white with red decals had a few nice ones in the past .
                        "does anybody know is gan300n still out there" .
                        but know red it is as the misses loves the colour as well , and who am i to argue

The shell is looking good by the way Martin
                        I have a late spec service shell in a similar condition that I'm selling.

Mark....

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post
                          i got 1 like that

shell is lookin stunnin martin

Comment

lookin good martin

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post
                              The shell is looking good by the way Martin
                              I have a late spec service shell in a similar condition that I'm selling.

blow me , thats one of my old cars mark . that was anice car back 16 years ago .
                              whats she like now.

Comment

My favourite Mex colour^^^^^^^^^
                                Shell is looking good mate,keep the pics coming
                                sigpic
                                Proper rallying is done down the lanes!

Comment

Working...
                                X