No announcement yet.

Well I have got XER ***T at last!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• already spoke to Andy at TOTD last week they are more than willing to do it but I will need to trailer it there to get it sorted tbh just to be safe as the carbs are about right but sound a little off so dont weant to take any chances mate tbh
    Lord Lucan

Rather push a Ford than Drive a Vauxhall

RSOC Member: 25467

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

• well tonight I have fitted the rear 6 x 9 two way speakers into the rear door cards and got the cards into position ready for final installation hopefully tomorrow the speakers are Vibe QB 69 which have an RMS of 200W and a max of 600W and have passive crossovers in them so they should give me a fair bit of boom without the need for installling an amp as I really do not want to go that far. Here are some pics of them installed into the cards and the cards in position this was a little bit of a bitch to do as cages are great at stiffening the shell but a pain in the butt to work around as they dont bloody move but it actually feels like I have rounded the final bend now.
      I might even refit the bonnet this week and hopefully be in a position to get her MOT'd and tuned this week if all goes well anyway enjoy the pics peeps.

Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

• have you been reading max power

Nutty Professor

Comment

• I was with you up until the Speakers
          sigpic

Comment

• you could always cover them with some cloth?
            AKA The Dipstick

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoogi View Post
              I was with you up until the Speakers

me too

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

• and me
                sigpic

Comment

• They look boomtastic

The local cruise boys will love em
                  sigpic

Comment

• You just need your windows blacked out and neon lights under the car and you'll be in with the cruise boys
                    Cheers

Comment

• bet they give off some good sound though

Comment

• tbh I dont really care my car i will do what i like simple as that dont take this the wrong way i need music and a quality sound if i am to have sounds i didnt want some micky mouse retro set up with a poxy 8 track so i have done what i wanted so as to make the trans x gearbox easier to live with lads
                        Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

• Right hit a little snag with wiring in the head unit boys and girls:
                          Right found the permanant live which is RED on multi-meter showing 13.6 Volts now thats cool then I went looking for the ignition Live thought I found it a GREY Wire this wire is dead until ignition ON, but when ignition ON the multi-meter shows 25 VOLTS can anyone help with this please as to what this wire is and why it shows such a high voltage, will it be ok to use as the ignition feed for the for the head unit?
                          Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

• 25 volts could burn out your head unit.

get it checked by a sparky.

make sure your meter is working right first by checking the battery directly.

Nutty Professor

Comment

• 25volts?

Is that with the engine running?

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

• Originally posted by topaz View Post
                                25 volts could burn out your head unit.

get it checked by a sparky.

make sure your meter is working right first by checking the battery directly.
                                Originally posted by mikers2k View Post
                                25volts?

Is that with the engine running?
                                Finally got it sussed checked the multimeter and it was millivolts and found out it was the illumination (dimmer wire) for the head unit.

Anyway I now have sounds and quality sounds on a budget too nice bass tone as well also fitted out the rear of the car carbon fibre rear panels now fully fitted as it the rear seat, passenger seat now installed too only got a few jobs left now.

All I have to do is fit the bonnet hoover out the drivers side turn the car round and fit the drivers door panel then she is ready for the MOT so hoping to get her on the road this week finally been a bit of a journey with plenty of fraustrations but this was outweighed by the pleasure and satisfaction I have got from the build plus with the help I have had on here from Gizmo, Mr. Hoarder, RS2000Custom and few others who have kept my spirits up all I can say to you all is Thanks peeps once fully cleaned and polished I will put up a real proper pics thread for you all to see and do a full right up for Rallye News too hopefully Castle Combe will be the first show this car has been too in 8 years yes thats right 8 years so if all goes well I will see you all there
                                Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

Working...
                                X