Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now that looks yummy what wheels are going for steels or alloys

Comment

• lovely glyn, ref the bits, thats the trouble in someways that hold a simple rebuild up, all of a sudden budgets etc go out of the window so to speak
      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• lovely G

Comment

• green

Very Nice Glyn!!!!!! take your time and keep the pictures coming

John

Comment

• looks superb,was thinking of selling the mk2 before, and now!!!!! ,just love this,time effort and dedication,hats off buddy.
            we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

• that looks spot on !
              Its my bat my ball

Comment

• That is looking stunning

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

• very nice m8.a minter
                  dav

Comment

• Lovely jubbly Glyn

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

• looking good .
                      sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

• Looks cracking that , Nice colour too
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mex

looks nice <what colour is that?
                          not a Ford colour ?

Comment

• Looking good Glynn, (the car not you)

sigpic

Comment

• hey Glynn,

update!!!

more piccys please?
                              Life is Racing......
                              sigpic
                              everything else is just waiting

...or buftying.

Comment

• Originally posted by driverace View Post
                                looks nice <what colour is that?
                                not a Ford colour ?
                                It's back in it's original hue of Ford Le Mans Green

Originally posted by Groupcracer View Post
                                hey Glynn,

update!!!

more piccys please?
                                as you asked

little update, got a bit sidetracked last year by a new bathroom, couple of bedrooms and my wedding

anyway, been playing a bit again
                                as i only had a few hours here and there I rebuilt the backlights with new lenses and rechromed outer trims, so I fitted them and with my reconditioned rear loom and brand new back bumper

one of the first thing I bought for this car god knows how many years ago was some black and silver pressed alloy plates I really liked them but it seems everyone bolts them on anything these days and unfortunatley they have soured in my eyes so I ordered some plastic and alloy ones (this was met by my 10 year old asking why the green car has 3D plates :mrgreen: )

then I started to get some proper time on the car so i started stripping the axle (I have left most big bits in 1 piece when I stripped it down as I was well aware of the possibility of losing bits !
                                diff, removed and rebuilt with original 3.77:1 that was found to be in good order but with all new bearings and a new ATB slippy diff

bare axle casing getting buftied

axle casing put back on the car with my new 112Lb single leafs all bolted up properly so I could mark out the bracket on the casing for the panhard rod
                                on 4 wheels :lol:

rear axle has all been stripped again now and with casing and leafs booked into Gartrac for a decambering and the panhard bracket to be welded on (also going to drop my steering rack in for a refurb while I'm there)

then I spent a full day stripping everything taking loads of pictures and dropping a very big box off to the platers (couple of pics for ref)

during this time In eveings have been doing my 6 clock, first stage was strip it all and rub down (not fun) then get it vaccum plated

then mask it all up (really really not fun)

then primer

done the stain black today so I'll put pic on when I have got the masking off !
                                I then started on the gearbox as per back axle this was still in 1 lump

I then took bellhousing etc off and going to drop it off round the gearbox rebuilders this week (Thanks Darren 8) )
                                with some bits I have collected

only paint bit on the shell that wasnt quite right was the black around the front panel so I redone that

so I got carried away and put some shiny bits on lol

loving this pic, grill was only on loose and needs painting and the lights will have to be popped out for the engine loom but think you need a little enthusiasm injection sometimes

hope you like 8) plans are to get the rooflining in soon (need a couple of bits first) then I can fit glass and rollcage
                                Cheers Glyn

Comment

Working...
                                X