Comment

nice work CC, ,as always
        sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Chisholm View Post

Bit of History on car ,,,,,, Built in 1974 from a AVO supplied RS1600 service shell , number 312 . Supplied with factory Big wings and rear turret conversion. Also on closer inspection shell is seam welded but only on chassis rails and not on wing tops etc.

Could this be a works shell ?? ,am not up to speed ! all my time in past has been on factory cars and concours.... know a famous works car on service shell 314.. I personaly think first owner has gone into ford to buy a service shell and has been offered this , maybee same price or a few quid more , well it was 1974 . plus avo was closing its doors, end of a era .... Loads of strange fitments on shell like twin steering colum outlet holes on lower bulkhead , any help from you guys out there,,,,,, and there is some very clued up people on this bb would be a massive help

Charlie after reading the above about the shell, I'd say it was supplied by AVO as a service shell rather than boreham as a works shell.
          This is just my opinion based on my past experiences with service shells.
          It was possible to buy an arched or unarched service shell from ford. I have the part numbers somewhere for both.
          The fitting of turrets, seam welding etc... were all done on site at AVO pretty much on a daily basis. By 1974 all the shells were basically RS2000 shells then built to suit the customers / dealers requirements. I have had a couple of the late shells & both had all the relevent pressings in the bulkhead for left or right hand drive use.
          Excellent work by the way.....
          Last edited by Mexicomark; 10-06-2007, 22:54.
          Mark....

Comment

......savage job....will look animal when done ....keep the pics coming

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post
              Charlie after reading the above about the shell, I'd say it was supplied by AVO as a service shell rather than boreham as a works shell.
              It was possible to buy an arched or unarched service shell from ford. I have the part numbers somewhere for both.
              The fitting of turrets, seam welding etc... were all done on site at AVO pretty much on a daily basis. By 1974 all the shells were basically RS2000 shells then built to suit the customers / dealers requirements. I have had a couple of the late shells & both had all the relevent pressings in the bulkhead for left or right hand drive use.
              My Twin Cam had a Type 49 service shell in the early 1970's and it has exactly the same turrets as this RS1600.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit View Post
                is that expressed panels bulkhead ?

what a hole, not many go that mad LOL
                Yes mate expresed bulkhead , also expressed lower bulkhead to go in
                Regards Charlie
                CWC Restorations
                Boldon Colliery Industrial Estate
                Sunderland
                M 07984 888010
                L 0191 4478201

cwcrestorations@btinternet.com

Comment

nice job charlie do you want a job in my bodyshop may be then ill be able to get on with my restos

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post
                    Thanks Mark appreciated

Thought it should have had a special build plate , or was that only production cars ?

Have you ever come across a avo shell with 2 holes in lower bulkhead for steering col ? i have marked this in a pic above. Scratching my head with this one ?
                    Regards Charlie
                    CWC Restorations
                    Sunderland
                    M 07984 888010
                    L 0191 4478201

Comment

Originally posted by 76mex View Post
                      nice job charlie do you want a job in my bodyshop may be then ill be able to get on with my restos
                      When do you want me to start

Get them done Lee, your a top man with spray gun and welder

It was you all those years ago talked me into painting YFX
                      Regards Charlie
                      CWC Restorations
                      Sunderland
                      M 07984 888010
                      L 0191 4478201

Comment

CC you must be cracking on with the mk1 this week .
                        popped into the shop to see you!!!!
                        sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

cheers cc i will get there one day but i dont know which one to do first ill have to stop lookin on ebay for a start and stop buying more work

Comment

Originally posted by paul spence View Post
                            CC you must be cracking on with the mk1 this week .
                            popped into the shop to see you!!!!
                            Been really really bad this week mate
                            Regards Charlie
                            CWC Restorations
                            Sunderland
                            M 07984 888010
                            L 0191 4478201

Comment

Offered new bulkhead up and got to say it was a bastard to fit , as all re manufactured panels are . Once in place i temp secured it with self tappers , due to lower bulkhead being changed next.

The self tappers act as alignment pins as well, as i know front end will move when lower bulkhead is removed

First pic is of upper bulkhead in place prior to been secured and marked

second pic showing bulkhead secured in place with self tappers which will be my alignment holes !

Regards Charlie
                              CWC Restorations
                              Sunderland
                              M 07984 888010
                              L 0191 4478201

Comment

Once upper bulkhead is secured in place lower bulkhead could then be replaced .

It was touch and go weather to replace the whole item but after much weighing up and coffee drinking as decision was made by Dave (Owner) to replace full panal. To be honest it would be rude not to as it was such a nice panal, yes lots of holes and markings to fettle but its all do able if you get my drift.

A few pics showing lower bulkhead before i got the grinder out

The new Lower Bulkhead .............. Very nice

Off now to get me grinder out , wish me luck

Post next update after avo weekend as away with YFX , See a lot of you's off here on sunday , shame i will miss brook medow camping tho, have my kids sat PM .

Will be my last show with YFX as i am to busy with other projects and to be honest done everything i ever set out and more with her . And this before results of sundays masterclass lol
                                Regards Charlie
                                CWC Restorations
                                Sunderland
                                M 07984 888010
                                L 0191 4478201

Comment

Working...
                                X