Basket case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chesney View Post
    when i took mine off the mex last year it was full of fluid i would say most probably are, folks would have replaced leaking cylinders over time but not got all the fluid out the servo.
    Not sure if you rebuilt your master brake cylinder or replaced it Cheza lol, however if you done none of the above, you may need to inspect this as you could have either perished seals or the seals as in my case not positioned properley theres definately something wrong for fluid to enter the servo unit

Originally posted by vlv991v View Post
    This is going to turn out great. Excellent attention to detail, you must be a perfectionist.
    I try my best mate, thanks for the comments

Comment

• oh you are TRYING!!!!!!!!!!
      Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

• Originally posted by hally View Post
        oh you are TRYING!!!!!!!!!!
        Am I trying hard enough Son

Comment

• [quote=DazRS2K;538843]Not sure if you rebuilt your master brake cylinder or replaced it Cheza lol, however if you done none of the above, you may need to inspect this as you could have either perished seals or the seals as in my case not positioned properley theres definately something wrong for fluid to enter the servo unit

I dried out the servo, the master cylinder was fine before doing this. Got it back together but couldn't get a decent brake pedal so fitted a brand new master cylinder and been ok since. Also managed to get a brand new spare as well
          Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

• [quote=Chesney;538855]
            Originally posted by DazRS2K View Post
            Not sure if you rebuilt your master brake cylinder or replaced it Cheza lol, however if you done none of the above, you may need to inspect this as you could have either perished seals or the seals as in my case not positioned properley theres definately something wrong for fluid to enter the servo unit

I dried out the servo, the master cylinder was fine before doing this. Got it back together but couldn't get a decent brake pedal so fitted a brand new master cylinder and been ok since. Also managed to get a brand new spare as well
            Good Lad

Comment

• Originally posted by DazRS2K View Post
              Am I trying hard enough Son
              no son!
              Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

• Sorry Des, cant understand a word son ..........
                sigpic

Comment

• Hi Daz just read every page of youre resto,great work picked up alot of tips for when i start mine,the strut tops are goin and ive noticed the wing rails are starting to go,so im going to take the wings off to see whats hiding underneath,got a feeling its going to be quite simlar to yours.
                  Ive just had a new mig delivered so ill be starting soon.
                  Keep up the good work mate.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lefty940 View Post
                    Hi Daz just read every page of youre resto,great work picked up alot of tips for when i start mine,the strut tops are goin and ive noticed the wing rails are starting to go,so im going to take the wings off to see whats hiding underneath,got a feeling its going to be quite simlar to yours.
                    Ive just had a new mig delivered so ill be starting soon.
                    Keep up the good work mate.
                    Cheers Mate, and good luck with yours

Comment

• Evening all, bit graft this weekend. Continued with the brake assembly project.

First up prepped the components

Next bought some super black two pack to put through my gun.

Quite pleased with the results

Reassembled all the components and fitted new bulkhead rubber.

I haven't fitted the new brake cylinder, as its sealed in the bag so best left there until i'm ready to fit brakes.
                      Well thats it for now, think i need to get back onto the car, now that little projects out of my system

Cheers Daz

Comment

• Nice job on the servo looks better than new.Ive started mine just keep finding more rot gets you down every time i find more just got to keep going lol
                        sigpic

Comment

• It's been a while but i'm back at it!

Evening all, its been a long time in fact two years since i done the brake booster project.
                          Now the crotch rocket has gone I want to get back into the RS.
                          Well got my arse into gear and went and done some graft today

First up a pic of the drivers floor, I have also removed the vents from the dash.

[/URL]

Next job remove the sunroof as I have a replacement roof that's got no hole in so the skin will be removed from the donor roof and grafted onto the car, rather than fill the hole.

[/URL]

Now removed

[/URL]

Next job remove the headlining.

[/URL]

Next job was to remove the cross brace from the floor as I am removing all the rust from the car.

[/URL]

Decided to remove the door for easy access when i do the floor area. Also to put the new inner and outer sill.

[/URL]

Unbelievable how much rot was behind the floor brace.

[/URL]

Another pic of the amount of rust. Notice the old Skool safety shoes

[/URL]

Just another.

[/URL]

Just a quick over view pic to finish off the day.

[/URL]

Well that's all for now hope you enjoyed this time i'm going to try and keep at it. So I will keep my thread updated. Couldn't bloody find it, it was that far back
                          Well deserved beers tonight it would be rude not to cheers

Comment

• great work.

Dave.

Comment

• Great to see you are back on the car.....I've been missing this one! Carry on the excellent work.

Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by Davecos4x4 View Post
                                great work.
                                Originally posted by RS2000EXPRESS View Post
                                Great to see you are back on the car.....I've been missing this one! Carry on the excellent work.

Tim
                                Cheers lads your comments are appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X