X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick at it m8 nice job

Comment

• Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
      See ya again in 18 months Des, no need to rush at it son !
      Don't want to rush things son, you make mistakes doing that

Comment

• Originally posted by ASHLEY View Post
        Stick at it m8 nice job
        Cheers Mate i'll try lol

Comment

• some job

great work there m8.
          looks a good shell to work with........
          dav

Comment

• Today's graft

Hi, well been cracking on today with a few more jobs. Need to get the inner in so I prepared the chassis leg as holes needed welding up due to removing the old one.

Welds were ground back and some Kurust applied to protect the metal as the inner wing leg slips over the top. Whilst the metal was curing, i moved to the passenger floor well, to cut out some areas I wasn't happy with. This area was directly above the chassis leg as you can see.

Next a patch was made with holes so I could plug weld ontop of the chassis prior to welding fully up.

Ground back.

Kurust applied to protect the metal

Also cut this out and replaced.

All this area now prepped for the seat cross member to go back in. Thats the next job, then the biggy which i'm dreading the inner wing, need to prob measure loads to get it hopefully right, any advice, tips fitting this will be gladly received .

Well thats all for now friends, beer time

Comment

• Oops fogot to add the last pic long day

Comment

• nice bit welding ,getting there

Comment

• Last weekend graft

Hi All,

With the help of Mr Spence, we mocked up the inner wing, AGAIN (See last year's post lol)

Once the panels were lined up, self tappers were put in to hold in place, this is for fine adjustment when the measuring process begins.
                  clamps removed. Wings were dropped on just to get an idea.

Well, the next job i'm doing is welding in the seat cross member on the passenger side and that's all the work finished in that area. I will post the pics soon. After that I will start measuring up to finally weld in the inner, then front and slam panel to get the front end finished.

Cheers Daz

Comment

• hi

looking well m8.
                    keep up the good work....
                    dav

Comment

• Hi All,
                      Its been a while since I posted,this is due to needing more time in days rather than hours to work on the shell .
                      So to rekindle the interest though, I got it into my head to pull the brake booster assembly out of the loft strip it down and paint, so its nice and shiney, inspected ,overhauled if necessary and ready to fit to the car. Well I've started, so here are some updates.

Before strip down

Then disconnection of the link rods

Large Servo bracket removed from the Servo

Next Brake master cylinder removed from the Servo unit

Upon removal it was noticed fluid inside the servo unit, not a good sign

Using my trusty MityVac brake bleeder, the fluid was extracted from the servo unit.

Now stripped down all the components layed out.

Next started stripping out the cylinder for inspection.

Now stripped down and is pretty evident why fluid was in the brake servo.

The culprit amongst other thing's

It appears that there is also some missing components from within. My predictions are that someone has tried to overhaul the cylinder previously and either not fitted the kit correctly or they haven't filled or lubricated the components prior to operation causing the cup seal to fold over in the cylinder.
                      A new brake master cylinder which comes with bottle has been ordered from GMS quite local to me, however doesn't come with new cap as ATE do not make them anymore

Well the next job is to strip the brackets of rust, prime and paint. So pics will be updated accordingly.

Thanks to all who have replied to my questions regarding this in the Technical section
                      Daz

Comment

• Great work

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

• Well, this turned up today, looks nice and bling, god knows when it will be fitted to car but at least I can now concentrate on getting the whole brake assembly completed, painted and ready updates soon.

Cheers Daz

Comment

• Hi All,
                            Got stuck in today and stripped all the paint off the components using one of those heavy twist wire wheels attached to my grinder. Totally satisfying watching the rust and paint just fade away back to the steel. Next job primer and fill in the imperfections. What wasn't satisfying was when I took a few wires into my dial, that made me wince a bit lol Also nice to see the little Ford logo's stamped into the part's.

Doesn't look much done but took me all day, so well happy. Well deserved budweisers me thinks

cheers Daz.

Comment

• when i took mine off the mex last year it was full of fluid i would say most probably are, folks would have replaced leaking cylinders over time but not got all the fluid out the servo.
                              Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

• This is going to turn out great. Excellent attention to detail, you must be a perfectionist.

Comment

Working...
                                X