why cant ford be more like bmw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why cant ford be more like bmw

i was sitting in the dentist today and reading through octaine ? classic car mag when i came across an article about a brand new bmw 2002 that was being built by bmw including a brand new shell
    The car was being built as an exercise to show how their remanufactured classic parts business is going and they reckon they are 95 % the way through remaking everything new for the 2002.
    Mind you they reckoned on it costing £80 k, dont know if that was in parts alone or including man hrs.

I remember reading a few years back that someone in america was doing the same sort of thing with 260z's

May be ford could take a leaf out of bmw's book - yeah right

dont be silly vinny next u will say rab c for editor

Comment

Originally posted by Mex IT
      dont be silly vinny next u will say rab c for editor
      ok you win

Comment

why cant ford be more like bmw .....

or Mercedes-Benz
        or Porsche
        or British Leyland (heritage)
        or Ferrari (Maranello Parts)

guess it's just that no-one loves us

Comment

What you have to appreciate chaps is, Ford are doing this (or not as the case is ) for our benefit. Just imagine, there would be no grief, heartache, frustration,....................,yeah right !!

Comment

Yeah right Vin, I had a dream about that once

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

ive read many a time that the top bods at ford now and at the end of mk2 production cant stand mk2 and would love to see them all taken off the road, so i cant c they helpin with the cause and all the toolin was distoryed aswell. Remember read when borham was closed there were loads of mk2 bits and they were told just to scrap then
              Last edited by Tim; 07-04-2006, 11:33.

Comment

Working...
              X