No announcement yet.

Damn SORN!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thread this one, just saved me a potential fine.. I had no idea you had to declare it SORN if you were the new owner of an already SORN'd car.
    The form to declare SORN is available on the dvla website in pdf, if anyones interested its form V890.
    Paul

Comment

... who, incidentally, as 'young' 36 year olds may have built the car that you now so cherish. The side jab at pensioners wasn't really necessary for the good SORS tip!

Comment

Apologies, bit childish of me.. post edited. Sorry for any offence caused.
        Paul

Comment

what a gentleman after all! Good on you m8!

Comment

Thankyou, I don't want to make enemies on a great BB like this.
            A large slice of humble pie has been eaten.
            Paul

Comment

Now my brother has just recieved his £25.00 SORN fine for his car after buying off Paul Mex last year!!
              sigpic

www.auto-restoration.co.uk

Comment

Gonna be a few of these I think.
                Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Just got my "fine" through the post today for not declaring SORN , thing is tho the car is fully taxed up and has been since i got the car back in october
                  sigpic

Comment

sorn

Got a fine last week for a car i sold last september to Neils bro, I then decide to sorn my current mk2 so sent a sorn form off last week, guess what turned up this morning,yep you guessed it another £25 fine for my current car,
                    do i just pay it :cheese: or do i have a leg to stand on i have had the car 4 months and its a bare shell but never got round to sorning it,but within a week of doing so i get a fine, tryed ringing the number on the fine but get a recorded messsage saying that due to extreme demand on the number it is now out of use
                    cheers paul
                    sigpic

Comment

Paul, [Lucky Jim!]
                      I would think you should be able to tell DVLA to as the vehicle was declared SORN by the previous owner [i.e. me!]. You haven't applied to tax it since so it remains notified.
                      Worth a try mate?
                      Neil
                      sigpic

www.auto-restoration.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Neil, think it may be worth a shot, looks like i might have woke someone up at DVLA when i sorned it last week :bom:
                        have you got that engine out yet? if you have a good rs2 loom will ya keep it to one side and will pick it up with rest of gear :compress:
                        sigpic

Comment

whats the crack with this sorn thing... i mean i understand the principle but i dont want to come unstuck.
                          After my 8 year rebuild, took car off road pre sorn, i taxed it for 6 months in sept 03..... that tax is now due out at end of feb04 but i dont want to re tax for 6 month period till start of april or may04, so i get all of the summer using the thing.
                          Is there a minimum sorn period? if so what.
                          What happens in sept 04 when the tax runs out and i want to mothball her till the spring, i am guessing that i would need to sorn her again!
                          any ideas?

paul

cheeRS
                          RSOC No: 14406
                          RSMK2 No: ***

Comment

When the tax renewal reminder is received you have two choices; renew the tax or declare SORN.

SORN will be automatically removed by the DVLA when the car is next taxed, so the whole cycle will then begin again in 6/12 months time, depending on how long the new tax disc lasts.

DVLA leaflet INS11 contains a small section on SORN, likely you may have a copy of this in with a tax reminder or recent V5 registration return from Swansea. Alternatively, the DVLA website, as mentioned earlier by Judge _Fudge, could be helpful.

All vehicles that have been thru' the Swansea computer for taxation/change of ownership since SORN was introduced (1998) will be soft targets for a fine if either a new tax disc or SORN is not applied for.

HTH

Comment

cheers Rusty & Dusty
                              Very clear explaination.
                              Helps alot

ta

cheeRS
                              RSOC No: 14406
                              RSMK2 No: ***

Comment

Working...
                              X