Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold my car last night!

Don't panic it wasn't RS

I did a deal with a bloke on my 7 month old Focus Zetec TDCI, which was used as a school run special and general load carrier.

I benefit from the Ford Employees scheme, so will be ordering a new Foucus ST this morning! I test drove one yesterday by coincidence and it really is superb.

Prices in Ireland are astronomical due to punitive taxes. A basic 3 door ST with metallic paint costs c.€35500 but i can get 17% off that

Road tax on a 2522cc car is over €900 per annum however Insurance will be less than the tax.
    sigpic

nice one dermot, i know lee has been toying with buying a st as well.
    It's meant to be a very good car

Comment

Delivery due in about 3 weeks. We found one in a pre production schedule "dealer unallocated".

The price is actually a little higher than indicated above.

09 March 2006 13:04
      Your vehicle

Focus (3 Door Hatchback - ST - 2.5 Duratec 225 PS - 6 speed manual)
      Base price € 35,385.00

Selected options
      Performance Blue (Metallic)
      € 450.00 Cloth Anthracite
      € 0.00 Spare Wheel-Mini Stl
      € 10.00 Price Summary
      Total price * € 35,845.00 * Prices shown exclude delivery and related charges

Delivery, plates, etc. is €500.
      sigpic

Comment

Very nice Dermot, Hope you enjoy it!
        I was trying to talk the other 1/2 into one of these. She wanted sporty, four door, practical family car for use with kinder & dog...........she bought this

Andrew T
        RS MK II Member No. 351
        RSOC Member No. 40178

Comment

Don't know what happened with that resizing..........the image size is 400x300 pixels on my pc

Andrew T
          RS MK II Member No. 351
          RSOC Member No. 40178

Comment

it 400x300 on this screen too

Comment

You can get an ST 5 door too.
              sigpic

Comment

Cheers Brian, did you get that email I sent?

I wonder if I can talk her into a 5 door ST..........she keeps saying that the RS is not practical as it has no rear belts.........no kinder or dogs in it then he he!
                RS MK II Member No. 351
                RSOC Member No. 40178

Comment

indeed we is toying with an ST focus too, but we're a bit annoyed cos we will have to wait 12 weeks at least!! plus you dont get a spare wheel as standard, you can get a space saver, but it involves a dummy floor in the boot, making it tiny....... a few other bits i am not keen on too, like the wheels, i think they are pants, and remind me of TSW VENOMS, there is no option to change the wheels......

Comment

Get the new Golf GTI
                    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

NA GO FOR THE NEW AUDI, with those lovely curved wheel arches.....
                      sigpic

Comment

My Missus wants the Focus ST.She has a 1.8 5door at the moment.Had Golf GTI ,Nissan Terrano ( 2 off),Primera EGT,Corsa,Subaru,XR 4 X 4 ,Shogun,Nissan Patrol,Golf 1.3 (2 off)Mini Clubman,Golf Van,Calibra.
                        Plus a few I am to embarrased to say I made her drive,all in the last 14 years.I suppose my RS is technically hers as she gave up her new Terrano to buy it for me.Who says marriage is a bad thing.
                        Skids (Motor Traders inc.)
                        sigpic

Comment

The RS Focus is very hard suspension wise, and not suited to our "mixed" surfaces.

The ST is much smoother riding, and more powerful, and a lot better vlaue.

Just my 2p worth.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X