Update on Worthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Worthers

Been messed around a little this week by the engine man, he assures me i can watch the engine being built Friday morning, the fibre sump gasket should arrive Thursday,(thanks for the advice Rob),fitted the front springs yesterday by my Aston Martin man, seriously, he cut some Connolly leather into strips to wrap around the clasps, the job was completed with no marks, finished off with the re-passivated top bolt. All i need to do now is apply the decal and two brushes of colour on the spring when its fitted. New Ford bushes were pressed into the leafs last week, did a dummy run yesterday, building up the rear of the car, all went well. Fitted the steering rack to the crossmember with new bolts, new lock tabs and new rubbers, very pretty !!, new u-jay to connect. new tca,s with new bushes, new green track rod ends, with new castle nuts, new caslte nuts for the anti-dive bar, new discs, new M16,s. New rubbers fitted to the anti- dive bar. The final two items were powder-coated yesterday, up to 51 separate items now !!!, all going well for the rolling shell build up beginning of next week, again thanks for all the support, it really helps, and really pushes you on, and for those who have given me all the tech advice and guidance...........so far !!!!!!

Good on ya Ian mate nice to see your happy with it. That is some amount
    of new stuff but I would imagine it will all be worth while in the end.
    Keep it up

cheers James
    MK11 member 356

Comment

nice one ian

And its some car its all going on mate
      sigpic

Comment

Ian

I'm about to freshen up my front end..got new rack, TRE's, bushes etc...

Can I ask - where did you source your castle nuts, lock tabs etc from??

Cheers

Simon

Comment

Simon, the locking tabs came from Ebay and the castle nuts from a company that was highlighted on the bulletin board a little while ago, hope this helps, I have since found out the tabs are still available from Fords, at a cost of 24p each, i,m not going to tell you what i paid for a pack of four !!

Comment

Sounds typical!

Can you remember the name of the company re the castle nuts at all..will need to get some.

Thanks again

Simon

Comment

this one http://www.namrick.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by ian parker
                I have since found out the tabs are still available from Fords, at a cost of 24p each, i,m not going to tell you what i paid for a pack of four !!
                Could you post the Finis code for the lock tabs please, and if you have it the code for the anti roll bar clamp lock tabs (these have also been appearing on eBay - and I suspect also still available from Ford).

Oh and well done on the restoration, I keep coming back to look at it.

David

Comment

Cheers Brian (and Ian!)

Simon

Comment

David, unfortunetly i dont have the finis codes, i just went by the look !! sorry.

Comment

nice one ian hope to see it on the lakes tour mate keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                      X