X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Madness of Ferry Companies

I was trying to sort out the journey over to get the Car

got this response

I asked for a price for a Car (mine) towing an 18' car trailer and 2 peeps over day sailing and return the next boat 2 hours later

£272

then after conversing with Dave the Custom one as he has an A frame

told the ferry comp how about I drive over single fare for my car, then on the return journey, it would be my car plus the RS attached by an A frame

price now £411 as its 2 cars, But I said theres no more people to eat sleep blah blah ? I think the world has gone ****ing mad, the trailer takes up half the friggin boat where as the cars dont

sometimes things look unfair on the surface, but when you dig deeper, you'll maybe find that the boat company's insurance is paid on the basis of cars transported as they have fuel on board, can short circuit, or whatever, which a trailer can't.

Then, if they damage anything, their insurance will be based on the potential amount to be recompensated, which is more for a car than a trailer.

I'm not defending anyone here, but it's not always a scam or a ripoff. (although it mostly is, he he )

Comment

Put your car on the trailer when you get on the boat, takes up half the space!

Or..........................join the AA/RAC with 'get home' cover, costs about £85, and let them recover your car after it breaks down near the docks. Last time I was recovered home it was just a normal fare as they trailered me on, dumped me at the back then picked me up again on the home side.

Maybe having no engine might invalidate your cover. Better check the small print. LOL
      We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

you could always say someone's nicked ye engine over night ! lol
        sigpic

Comment

having no engine, glass, lights, brakes(no doubt), seats, gearbox etc etc, i think the thing needs to be roadworthy to qualify for coverage, but you never know......

Comment

what would they charge if you made the journey in a breakdown truck ?would it make any difference if it had a car on the back or not?
            what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

who knows

Comment

Had the AA tow my old RS2000 to a body shop before. They said to me "As long as it has wheels fitted we can recover it" Might be worth a try Brian.
                Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

If you're taking the heap of shite from birkenhead good luck to you. It really is the worst possible way I know to spend ten hours. The fn shop isn't even open for the duration of the sailing. To do two journeys on this 'boat from hell' back to back will take the powers of a Tibetan monk.
                  We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

Stupid cnuts.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X