Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The golden fleece (otherwise known as brown beta cloth)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The golden fleece (otherwise known as brown beta cloth)

Its harder to get and more expensive than the golden fleece, gone and purchased 3 meters of brown beta cloth from retrosport.
    After talking to aldridge this morning they say it coming very soon but no definate time scale ,so rather than wait for what might never be and checking it against my rear seat for colour and pattern match i took the plunge.
    Attached pictures but taken indoors with flash from camera so pics dont really show it to well, but it is good

Thanks to gary, arron, martin c and andy g for the knowledge
    sigpic

Not even going to ask you how much.............................
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

why only 3 when you need 5 ish for a retrim ? would have been cheaper buying the golden fleece LOL

Comment

Only getting front seats done, took my rear seat with me for comparison and the match with the rear is 9 out of 10 its really that close.
        So no sense in being ripped off even more
        sigpic

Comment

Also bought 3m of this material for my front seats on the same basis as Neil. Thanks to Gary (FoMoCo) for all his hard work on this one....

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Glad i could get you a scottish discount Arron.
            Happy to help you both.

cheeRS Gary.
            sigpic

My Car in The vBGarage

Comment

Picked my 3m up from Gary today, got home and compared it to a perfect piece of rear seat fabric I had 'in stock' - this stuf is absolutely ****-on, I'm chuffed to bits with it.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

and a dye can never replicate the cloth I had in my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
                  and a dye can never replicate the cloth I had in my hands.
                  Quite, I'm really glad I splashed out on this material and did not wait until Aldridge came up with theirs. From what I can tell there are two different colour yarns knitted into the fabric I bought yesterday - as Kel says, it would be impossible to dye two colours onto a carrier fabric in such a precise pattern

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Glad you like it arron ,aldridge will have a hard job doing it better,worth the peace of mind i reckon,
                    let me know when you get your seats done
                    Neil
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X