Fuse box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse box

Does anyone know of a blade fuse upgrade for mk2 rs2000 that fits into original fuse box location ??

Stick with original if possible ,,not a fan of blade fuses esp the aftermarket type
    sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

It has been discussed on here before

Fusebox

Comment

Originally posted by alancdavis View Post
        Stick with original if possible ,,not a fan of blade fuses esp the aftermarket type

AFAIK the manufacturers use companies like LITTELFUSE, which will sell you fuses without the need to go to the main dealer, i.e. aftermarket.

I don't think you're going to find many ceramic fuses on a new car tbh, no, generally blade and mini blade fuses are fitted in much more sophisticated CJBs or just properly sealed fuse boxes. I have never had a problem with blade fuses, the ceramic ones on a mk1 or mk2 are consistently a pain in the posterior, mind you, mainly because they are not in a decent, sealed fusebox and being exposed to the elements end up providing a poor connection.

Comment

Originally posted by alancdavis View Post
          Interesting comment! The ceramic fuses are notorious for failure due to corrosion! Aftermarket blade fuses 'can' suffer as well but generally a smear of vaseline solves that problem. The supplier of my loom included a blade type holder that almost fitted in place of the original but the 'rats nests' of wiring below the bulkhead - although rationalised - made connections almost impossible so I reverted to a 'std Ford type' and the rubber plugs.

Comment

Maybe my comment should read cheap fuse boxes as the connection to the fuse blade always seem rubbish and given me untold problems
            sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Regarding using vaseline, it is a common mistake that a smear of vaseline on electrical contacts (like connections to a car battery) prevents corrosion.
              It doesn't. What vaseline IS good for is smearing it on the outside of a connection to keep water/moisture out.
              So do not put vaseline on electrical connections before connecting the parts, but afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post
                Regarding using vaseline, it is a common mistake that a smear of vaseline on electrical contacts (like connections to a car battery) prevents corrosion.
                It doesn't. What vaseline IS good for is smearing it on the outside of a connection to keep water/moisture out.
                So do not put vaseline on electrical connections before connecting the parts, but afterwards.
                Can't say i've ever noticed any problems especially with Bike electrics, used all year round and exposed to more road crud than most cars!

Comment

fuse box

Maybe just stick with original thanks for advise.

Comment

Working...
                  X