Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rs 2000 cam choice Advice please

Hello everyone Hows it going..
    Just got my membership through the post so i thought i would give the board a try . Pretty dam good....

Just after a bit of advice about Cam choice for my 2000. The car runs a down draught and stage two head 44.5 inlet standard exhaust.
    Im thinking about a kent FR32 or 33 OR maybe the High torque jobbie .
    Any help or Advice on this would be greatfully received.

Hi Big G

as I said on the RSOC forum go for the FR33 mate

Brian

Comment

Hello mate my worrie about the 33 is that it will make it to revvy.But how many more horses did this cam give you.

Comment

well mines 130bhp with a std head and overbored bottom end and the twinchoke and I have the rolling road to prove if you had a good head and well sorted BEnd some 40's 160-170 should not be a prob mine goes to 150 ish on 40's

Comment

Run a 33 in my Mex, Produced 145 on the rolling road. Nice power curve. Used to run a Piper 285 which I thought was good as well. If it's mid-range power that you're after then I would definitely go for the torque'st cam you can find. Personally I prefer torque to outright BHP. makes accelleration quicker and driveability more reasonable rather that screaming the tits off the thing to get it anywhere!!!!!!!!!
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Cheers lads Prob go for the 33 i suppose but the bloke at burtons may talk me out of it ..

Comment

Working...
            X